Dublin, Sept. 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sczg6m/dual_chamber) has announced the addition of the "Dual Chamber Syringes & Injectors. Devices, Therapeutics, Markets and Forecasts" report to their offering.
Many drugs including biologicals require special storage and handling prior to their use because of stability issues - a limitation that has a direct impact on the drug delivery sector. Therapeutic proteins must either be stored under special conditions or formulated to retain their efficacy from the time of manufacture until they are dispensed. Liquid protein drugs require refrigeration until dispensed - a distribution strategy referred to as the Cold Chain'. Alternatively, proteins can be formulated as powders (lyophilization). Lyophilized proteins must be reconstituted prior to injection.
The need to reconstitute lyophilized drugs at the point of administration is driving the growth of dual chamber syringes and injectors - devices that allow reconstitution to take place within the device prior to injection. As biological drugs continue to grow in terms of therapeutics and total prescriptions, the impact of specialty devices will increase.
- Provides assessments of dual chamber syringes and injection devices and analyzes their impact on markets for therapeutic injectable lyophilized drugs
- Analyzes therapeutic demand drivers and evaluates the potential of dual chamber syringes and injector systems
- Provides market data and forecasts to 2018
- Profiles dual chamber syringe and injector device suppliers, their product activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations
Key Topics Covered
- Executive Summary
- Injectable Drug Market Dynamics
- The Injectable Drug Ecosystem
- Dual Chamber Injection Device Selection Factors
- Disposable vs Reusable
- Dual Chamber Syringe & Injector Device Assessments
- Dual Chamber Syringe Devices
- Dual Chamber Syringe Products
- Development Stage Dual Chamber Injectable Drug Products
- Market Factors
- Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sczg6m/dual_chamber
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager.
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Source:Research and Markets