Dublin, Oct. 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4737p8/soraa_triled) has announced the addition of the "SORAA: Tri-LED and Lightchip Reverse Costing Analysis" report to their offering.
SORAA has recently released the first GaN on GaN LED in a 50W halogen equivalent MR16 lamp with several new features.
SORAA smartly used the GaN characteristics like the optical transparency and the high electrical and thermal conductivity to create a unique vertical structure for these LEDs. The layers deposited by epitaxy are very thin.
A high current density per sq cm is obtained, estimated at 120A / sq cm, 4x more than sapphire LED.
The SORAA LEDs have a triangular shape to limit the internal reflection of the light and thus increase the light extraction.
An original silicon package with a multilayer mirror is used to increase the light extraction of the LED lamp.
This report provides a complete teardown of the LED and the package with:
- Detailed photos
- Material analysis
- Detailed structure of dies and package
- Manufacturing Process Flow
- In-depth economical analysis
- Manufacturing cost breakdown
- Selling price estimation
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview / Introduction
- Executive Summary
- Reverse Costing Methodology
2. Companies Profile
- SORAA Profile
3. Lightchip Package and Tri-LED Characteristics
- Lightchip Characteristics
4. Physical Analysis
- Physical Analysis Methodology
- SORAA MR16 Lamp
- Lightchip Package Views & Dimensions
- Lightchip Package Opening
- Lightchip Package Cross-Section
- Tri-LED Assembly
- Lightchip Package Characteristics
- Tri-LED Views & Dimensions
- Tri-LED Singulation
- Tri-LED Thickness
5. Manufacturing Process Flow
- Global Overview
- Tri-LED Fabrication Unit
- Tri-LED Process Flow
- Lightchip Fabrication Unit
- Lightchip Process Flow
6. Cost Analysis
- Synthesis of the cost analysis
- Main steps of economic analysis
- Yields Hypotheses
- Tri-LED Front-End Cost
- Tri-LED Wafer Cost
- Tri-LED Cost per process steps
- Tri-LED Equipment Cost per Family
- Tri-LED Material Cost per Family
- Back-End : Probe and cleaving Cost
- Lightchip Packaging Cost
- Lightchip Wafer Cost
- Final Assembly Cost
- Component Cost & Price
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4737p8/soraa_triled
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Source:Research and Markets