BRISTOL, Ind., Oct. 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Utilimaster Corporation, a subsidiary of Spartan Motors, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPAR), today unveiled refrigerated and freezer configurations for its truck bodies. Utilimaster can upfit nearly any van or truck by installing an insulated liner that is completely seamless and tough enough to support forklift traffic, while integrating customized shelving and cargo containment.
With today's announcement, Utilimaster is delivering on the promise of serving as the industry's most comprehensive solutions provider. Built tough with the capability to deliver optimal performance and maximum versatility, Utilimaster refrigerated bodies provide a superior option for delivery of perishable cargo.
The cooling is provided by an over-the-road refrigeration system with an engine-mounted compressor, a skirt-mounted condenser, and dual 10" fan evaporators. Units are also available in self-contained or cold plate configurations. The fuel for self-contained units is supplied by the vehicle's diesel tank or an auxiliary fuel tank. Cold plate units contain no mechanical parts, so there is little chance of spoiled cargo as a result of blower failure.
Mel Shields, Commercial Sales Manager, Utilimaster, said, "Our customers asked Utilimaster to design and manufacture refrigerated bodies to meet their needs. The seamless liner over the interior of the truck, made using advanced polyurea technology, is superior to the current market offering and provides the safest and most durable solution available. This innovation enables us to also provide a wide selection of customized interiors to meet our customer's specifications."
The FDA-approved polyurea liner is safe for food contact. It provides a seamless coating over the interior of the truck, preventing food and juices from being trapped within the seams. Polyurea lined trucks can be cleaned by simply hosing down the body with no moisture penetrating the coating. The temperature integrity of even the most demanding cargo is ensured with our insulation. Injected polyurethane expanded foam insulates all our delivery solutions and provides for seamless interiors in all compartments. Polyurea is a fast-setting, rapid-gelling material used to create extremely durable interiors.
Insulated Truck Options
- All Utilimaster body types available in refrigerated version
- A wide variety of roof-mounted or side-mounted refrigeration units
- From a florist, to frozen food distributor, the cargo area can be configured for any combination of temperature zones – frozen, refrigerated and ambient
- Available in temperatures ranges from 40° to -25° F
- Available in multiple-temperature/compartment options
- Standard 3" foam insulation in body
- Seamless, food-safe interior lining made of polyurea
- Available with curbside doors for easy entry and egress
- Available with Aerocap for walk-through bulkheads
- Available with electric shore power (115V - 230V, single or 3 phase)
- Custom insulated bulkhead and rear doors
- Seamless liner surface provides a waterproof, mold-resistant finish that is easily cleaned yet durable enough to support fork lift traffic
- FDA-approved polyurea shell creates an extremely durable interior
- Whether it is a simple wash, repaint, or more extensive maintenance, our polyurea solution provides superior performance for years of service
- A 100% solid, flexible, two-component Polyurea Elastomer spray coating material
- Utilized independently or in combination with other materials to produce coatings, liners, and other resilient surfaces or substrates
- Produces an extremely durable film at all thicknesses
- Will not deteriorate, drain, or harm other materials, and is bondable as well as paintable
- Is relatively moisture and temperature tolerant, allowing application in the most problematic conditions
Utilimaster, a subsidiary of Spartan Motors, Inc. (Nasdaq:SPAR), is a leading manufacturer of walk-in vans and commercial truck bodies for the delivery and service marketplace. Utilimaster designs, develops and manufactures products to customer specifications for use in the package delivery, one-way truck rental, bakery/snack delivery, utility and linen/uniform rental businesses. The company serves a diverse customer base and also sells aftermarket parts and accessories. Visit Utilimaster at www.utilimaster.com.
About Spartan Motors
Spartan Motors, Inc. designs, engineers and manufactures specialty chassis, specialty vehicles, truck bodies and aftermarket parts for the recreational vehicle (RV), emergency response, government services, defense, and delivery and service markets. The Company's brand names – Spartan™, Spartan Chassis™, Spartan ER™, Spartan ERV™ and Utilimaster® - are known for quality, performance, service and first-to-market innovation. The Company employs approximately 1,800 associates at facilities in Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Indiana, and Florida. Spartan reported sales of $471 million in 2012 and is focused on becoming a global leader in the design, engineering and manufacture of specialty vehicles and chassis. Visit Spartan Motors at www.spartanmotors.com.
CONTACT: Russell Chick Corporate Director of Marketing Spartan Motors, Inc. 517.997.3852 John Marshall Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing Utilimaster Corporation 574.848.2004 email@example.comSource:Spartan Motors, Inc.