Dublin, Oct. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k63ztr/asiapacific) has announced the addition of the "Asia-Pacific Online Payment Methods Report 2013 - First Half 2013" report to their offering.
Online and mobile payments are increasing in Asia-Pacific, with new channels emerging
The recent Asia-Pacific Online Payment Methods Report 2013 - First Half 2013 report by Hamburg-based secondary market research company yStats.com provides information about the movement toward online and mobile purchase transactions. The report is based on recently published information from a variety of sources and details the latest trends and news on the topic, with projections of continued growth in the next few years.
Meanwhile, in the Asia-Pacific region, mobile payment methods increased in awareness of consumers in 2012, with over two-thirds of those acquainted with the methods willing to use digital wallets and SMS payments in 2013. In Japan, the e-money market was dominated by payment providers operated by large retailers, banks and mobile operators.
In South Korea, the e-money grew in popularity as a payment method in online shopping, while card remained the main online payment method. In 2013, financial authorities in South Korea plan to tighten regulations on mobile and online payment market, especially in online gaming.
The total online payment transaction value in China demonstrated strong quarter-on-quarter growth in 2011-2012. Third-party online payments, which are used by around a third of online shoppers in China, were especially on the rise. Also, Alipay launched a mobile wallet application in China, offering online-tooffline payments. In India, direct debit accounted for over a half of B2C E-Commerce payment transactions in 2012.
In Australia, credit cards dominated the online payments market, while in New Zealand mobile payments developed due to increasing share of smartphone users conducting online banking via their mobile devices.
- These market reports inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- The authors provide secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- The author's international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- All research results delivered as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
- Bangladesh Post Office
- Citrus Pay
- Hana SK Card
- Hang Seng
- NTT DOCOMO
- PT Midtrans
- Western Union
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k63ztr/asiapacific
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Source:Research and Markets