INDIANAPOLIS, Oct. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- REISA (Real Estate and Investment Securities Association), the nation's leading trade association serving the alternative investment and securities industry, has announced its board members for 2014 and the ACE Award Winners at the 2013 Annual Conference and Trade Show, October 6, at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
The newly elected 2014 board members, chosen by a vote of REISA's membership, are:
- Fred Baerenz, AOG Wealth Management
- Barbara Halper, FactRight
- Keith Lampi, Inland Private Capital Corporation
- Derek Peterson, Walton International Group
- Brad Updike, Mick & Associates
- Todd Van Pelt, Cambridge Investment Research
The new board members join the returning board members, who were elected in 2013 to two-year terms, and include:
- Mark Kosanke, 2014 REISA President, Concorde Investment Services
- Michael Weil, REISA's Immediate Past President, American Realty Capital
- Randy Anderson, Bluerock Capital Markets
- Michael Bendix, DFPG Investments
- Deborah Froling, Arent Fox
- Shim Plotkin, Plotkin Financial Advisors
- Darryl Steinhause, REISA General Counsel, DLA Piper
- Thomas Voekler, Kaplan Voekler Cunningham & Frank
In addition to naming the 2014 board members, REISA honored individuals and companies for their commitment to excellence, service to the industry and adherence to the highest ethical standards and quality performance in the industry. REISA recognizes these outstanding accomplishments of its members through the A Champion of Excellence (ACE) Award, President's Award and Distinguished Service Award.
The Distinguished Service Award is presented to individuals and companies who have provided exceptional service to REISA, the industry REISA serves or the community. The 2013 Distinguished Service Award was presented to:
- Tony Grego, Director of Business Development, REISA
- Craig M. Porter Rollins, RFC ®, Chief Executive Officer, LJCooper Wealth Advisors and Vice President, Advisory Services, DFPG Investments, Inc.
- Tim Snodgrass , J.D., President, Founding Partner, Axxcess Capital
- Kaplan Voekler Cunningham & Frank
This President's Award is presented to an individual or organization that has made outstanding contributions in their chosen field, in service in local, state or national affairs or in support of the advancement and continued excellence of REISA. The 2013 President's Award was presented to Peter Fass, Partner and Co-Head, Real Estate Capital Markets Group, Proskauer.
The ACE Award is the highest honor bestowed on a REISA member by the association. The award is given to an individual or organization that has reached a pinnacle in their career and have brought credit to themselves and REISA through distinguished accomplishments. The 2013 ACE Award was presented to American Realty Capital.
The awards were announced during the kick-off of REISA's 2013 Annual Conference and Trade Show, bringing together more than 800 of the industry's leading professionals for education, networking and the exchange of ideas.
About REISA—The Real Estate and Investment Securities Association is a national trade association serving alternative investment and securities industry professionals who are active in offering, managing and distributing private and public direct investments. REISA connects members directly to key industry experts through intimate forums and leading edge conferences and trade shows providing timely trends and education. The association was founded in 2003 and has more than 1,500 members who are key decision makers that represent over 30,000 professionals throughout the nation. REISA works to maintain the integrity and reputation of the industry by promoting the highest ethical standards and providing education, networking opportunities and resources to its members.
CONTACT: Jill Swartz Spotlight Marketing Communications email@example.com 949-427-5172 - office 949.485.1552 - cell