MELVILLE, N.Y., Oct. 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FalconStor Software, Inc. (Nasdaq:FALC) announced today the general availability of FalconStor® Continuous Data Protector (CDPP) 7.5 and FalconStor® Network Storage Server (NSS) 7.5 data protection solutions with RecoverTrac™ 2.7 disaster recovery (DR) automation technology.
These solutions now offer enhanced features for intelligently moving, storing, and protecting data without burdening production resources. The RecoverTrac tool has more flexibility to automate failover and failback with greater accuracy in any physical, virtual, or hybrid environment, including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V deployments. Improved capabilities allow users to:
- Migrate data to and from the cloud. FalconStor NSS 7.5 enables data migration to and from cloud infrastructures, allowing customers to deliver business continuity, data protection, and disaster recovery services.
- Optimize VMware storage environments. Enhanced integration with VMware VAAI enables highly efficient management of thinly provisioned disk space.
- Stretch data protection. An automated stretched cluster configurator in FalconStor NSS 7.5 simplifies the setup and configuration of metro stretched clusters, increasing data availability, reducing downtime, and improving business continuity.
- Fully automate disaster recovery. RecoverTrac 2.7 technology automates a full range of complex disaster recovery tasks including failover and failback in physical, virtual, and hybrid environments, including VMware vSphere 5.5.
- Ensure complete protection for Microsoft environments. The RecoverTrac tool now supports protection and recovery of physical and virtual machines running Microsoft Windows 2012 and Hyper-V 3.0.
- Replicate data with peace-of-mind. FalconStor NSS and FalconStor CDP 7.5 enable customers to replicate multiple types of data quickly, each with its own encryption format, adding an extra layer of security when moving data.
- Expand journaling on demand. FalconStor NSS and FalconStor CDP 7.5 include an enhanced continuous protection journal feature. This enables on-demand journal expansion when more space is needed, facilitating recovery and minimizing data loss or gaps in data.
FalconStor data protection solutions go beyond other storage management systems by optimizing and enabling storage virtualization, continuous data protection, business continuity, and data analysis within heterogeneous physical, virtual, and hybrid environments across multiple locations. Businesses can deploy comprehensive data protection and disaster recovery while creating a secondary storage repository for data mining and other uses without any impact on production storage.
On October 8th, FalconStor will begin shipping the 7.5 version of the FalconStor CDP and FalconStor NSS solutions with RecoverTrac disaster recovery automation technology. Please contact a local FalconStor partner for complete solution pricing and current upgrade and expansion promotions.
About FalconStor Software
FalconStor Software, Inc. (Nasdaq:FALC) is a market leader in disk-based data protection. The company's mission is to transform traditional backup and disaster recovery into next-generation service-oriented data protection. Built upon an award-winning platform, FalconStor solutions deliver disk-based backup, continuous data protection, WAN-optimized replication, and disaster recovery automation. FalconStor solutions are available through a worldwide network of partners, including solution providers, top-tier strategic partners and major OEMs. Thousands of customers worldwide, from small businesses to Fortune 100 enterprises, entrust their data to FalconStor solutions. FalconStor maintains headquarters in Melville, N.Y., and offices throughout Europe and the Asia Pacific region. For more information, visit www.falconstor.com or call 1-866-NOW-FALC (866-669-3252).
FalconStor, FalconStor Software and RecoverTrac are either trademarks or registered trademarks of FalconStor Software, Inc., in the U.S. and other countries. All other company and product names contained herein may be trademarks of their respective holders.
Links to websites or pages controlled by parties other than FalconStor are provided for the reader's convenience and information only. FalconStor does not incorporate into this release the information found at those links nor does FalconStor represent or warrant that any information found at those links is complete or accurate. Use of information obtained by following these links is at the reader's own risk.