PHILADELPHIA, Oct. 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Increasingly, homeowners around the nation are investing in their outdoor living space. In fact, the majority of homeowners surveyed by American Express revealed that they have plans to engage in some sort of home improvement project in the next year. The outdoor living and landscape sector has grown into a $60 billion per year industry, according to IBISWorld, a market research firm. Investing in outdoor living provides a good return on investment for most people, making it an ideal home improvement project.
"Many people are finding that they want to get back to spending more time outdoors," explains Bob Dallas, the chief executive officer at UltraOutdoors.com. "People also want to put money into their home improvement projects where it is going to pay off. Outdoor living is a logical choice that fulfills both of these needs."
Here are 5 reasons investing in outdoor space pays off:
1. Resale value. HGTV claims that homeowners recoup 65%-90% just by adding a deck. (http://www.moneycrashers.com/7-home-improvements-to-increase-its-value/) Experts agree that investing in your outdoor living space will add to the value of your home. When you put money into this area, a lot of it will come back to you, when and if you decide to sell your home. Buyers will like the fact that your home includes nice outdoor living features and spaces.
2. Personal enjoyment. Most people could use a place to unwind and de-stress. Having a relaxing outdoor living space will create an environment where the family can relax together and enjoy each other's company.
3. Save money. Consider how many times a family leaves home in order to seek out something that could have been in their backyard. This includes leaving to use a swimming pool or going to the park. Create the environment you are seeking in your own backyard, and save the gas and fees of taking your recreation elsewhere.
4. Entertaining opportunities. Having an ideal outdoor living space creates an oasis for entertaining. Whether hosting a holiday gathering, Friday night s'mores around a bonfire, or an outdoor picnic-style potluck, you will have a great place to pull it off.
5. Benefits of nature. There are mounds of research demonstrating the many benefits of spending more time outdoors. These include such things as reducing stress, improving mental clarity and mood, improving concentration, and more. Many people find that spending time outdoors is the cheapest form of therapy there is, and it's good for all ages.
"The pay-off from investing in an outdoor living space comes in many forms," added Dallas. "Not only is it good for the value of your home, but it's a solid investment for creating great recreation and entertainment spaces, and giving your family a relaxing area where they can re-charge their batteries."
There are many outdoor living options to choose from, including outdoor fireplaces, kitchens, pools and water features, patios and decks, gazebos, sitting areas, and landscaping. The key to having the outdoor oasis that fits your needs is to work with a professional to design a custom plan.
Those looking for outdoor living information will find it in abundance on UltraOutdoors.com, a site that has over 150,000 pages and over 200,000 listings. Consumers will find ideas for their outdoor living project, as well as leads to quality outdoor living contractors. The site covers 65 major metro areas in the U.S. and in Canada, with more being added daily. The site is owned by Manor House Publishing, a company that has published numerous luxury pool and landscaping magazines for the past 15 years. For more information, visit the site at www.UltraOutdoors.com.
Headquartered in Warminster, Pa., UltraOutdoors.com is owned by Manor House Publishing, which publishes international luxury pool and landscape magazines. UltraOutdoors.com is a site that features the outdoor living industry, all under one roof, featuring professionals, retailers, manufacturers, and associations in 65 major metro areas in the U.S. and in Canada. For more information, visit the site at www.UltraOutdoors.com.
CONTACT: Cher Murphy CherMurphyPR@Gmail.com (571) 263-2128