ADVISORY, Oct. 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
- Jimbo Barry (Songwriter, "Hall Of Fame" performed by The Script feat. Will.i.am) (PRS/IMRO)
- Don Black OBE (2010 BMI Icon)
- Jorgen Elofsson (songwriter, "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)", performed by Kelly Clarkson) (STIM)
- Delta Maid (Songwriter, "Tornado" performed by Little Big Town) (PRS)
- Alex Geringas (Songwriter, "Dark Side", performed by Kelly Clarkson) (GEMA)
- Ellie Goulding (Songwriter, "Lights") (PRS)
- Mark Hadfield (Songwriter, "Let Me Love You" performed by Ne-Yo) (PRS)
- Wayne Hector (Songwriter, "Glad You Came" performed by The Wanted, "Starships" performed by Nicki Minaj) (PRS)
- Jonny Quinn, Tom Simpson, Paul Wilson – Snow Patrol (Songwriters, "Called Out In The Dark") (PRS)
- Jamie Scott (Songwriter, "Free" performed by Graffiti6) (PRS)
- Fraser T Smith (previous BMI Awards winner)
- Ali Tamposi (Songwriter, "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" performed by Kelly Clarkson) (BMI)
- Giorgio Tuinfort (Songwriter, "I Can Only Imagine" performed by David Guetta feat. Chris Brown and Lil Wayne, "Titanium" performed by David Guetta feat. Sia, "Turn Me On" performed by David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj) (BUMA/BMI)
- The BMI London Awards recognize the U.K. and European songwriters and publishers of the past year's most-performed songs on radio and television in the United States.This year, John Lydon will be named a BMI Icon at the ceremony slated for Tuesday 15 October at London's Dorchester Hotel, Park Lane. BMI honors songwriters who have had "a unique and indelible influence on generations of music makers" as icons.
- The Godfather of British punk and brains behind the Sex Pistols, John Lydon wrote some of the most prolific punk songs in history including "God Save the Queen" and "Anarchy in the UK." With Public Image Ltd., Lydon led the artsy post-punk movement, and in 2013 he continues to captivate as one of the most influential and revered figures in rock & roll.
- John Lydon joins a list of past honorees that includes 2012 recipient Queen, Don Black, Van Morrison, Donovan, the Bee Gees, James Brown, Willie Nelson and more.
- Tuesday, October 15, 2013
- Press check-in will be at 6:00 pm
- Arrivals begin at 7:00 p.m.; Red carpet ends at 8:00 p.m.
- Awards begin at approximately 9:00 p.m. Access is for arrivals only.
- This is a black-tie event; please dress appropriately.
Park Lane, Mayfair, London
W1K 1QA, England
- Photos will also be available for download after the event at http://www.bmi.com/press/login – (username: bmimedia; password: songwriter).
- BMI does not grant nor give the license agreement for streaming of downloadable performance video footage that might be shot or obtained at this awards show. Each media outlet is responsible for all of its own clearance agreements for duration of use for online or broadcast use.
Broadcast Music, Inc.® (BMI®) is a global leader in music rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music. BMI represents the public performance rights in more than 8.5 million musical works created and owned by more than 600,000 songwriters, composers, and music publishers. The Company negotiates music license agreements and distributes the fees it generates as royalties to its affiliated writers and publishers when their songs are performed in public. In 1939, BMI created a groundbreaking open-door policy becoming the only performing rights organization to welcome and represent the creators of blues, jazz, country, and American roots music. Today, the musical compositions in BMI's repertoire, from chart toppers to perennial favorites, span all genres of music and are consistently among the most-performed hits of the year. For additional information and the latest BMI news, visit www.bmi.com, follow us on Twitter @BMI or stay connected through Broadcast Music, Inc.'s Facebook.
The Broadcast Music, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17541
Source:Broadcast Music, Inc.(BMI)