YOQNEAM, Israel, Oct. 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Given Imaging Ltd, (Nasdaq:GIVN), a world leader in gastrointestinal medical devices and pioneer of capsule endoscopy, today announced that more than 150 studies confirming the value of Given Imaging's portfolio of extensive products in detecting and monitoring gastrointestinal diseases will be presented during the upcoming American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) 2013 Annual Scientific Meeting and Post Graduate Course and United European Gastroenterology Week (UEG Week).
"With the approval of PillCam COLON and PillCam SB 3 in Japan and the clearance of PillCam SB 3 in the U.S., 2013 has been a milestone year for Given Imaging. We expect this momentum to continue to be fueled by positive data presented at these conferences confirming existing and new product indications," said Homi Shamir, president and CEO, Given Imaging. "A wide range of data, including ten PillCam COLON studies, underscore our leadership in detecting and monitoring GI diseases, including colorectal cancer, Crohn's disease, obscure GI bleeding and gastroparesis."
The 2013 American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting
Given Imaging will be at booth #1200 at ACG taking place October 11 - 16, 2013 in San Diego, California. Key abstracts being presented during the meeting include:
PillCam® SB capsule endoscopy:
- "Capsule Endoscopy (CE) Can Improve Outcomes in Crohn's Disease: An Evaluation of Pre- and Post-treatment CE" (poster 426) presented by Dr. Neel K. Mann and Dr. Simon Lo on Sunday, October 13 from 3:30 – 7 p.m. PDT.
- "Four-Day Two-Phase Wireless pH Monitoring for Evaluation of Esophageal Symptoms Refractory to High Dose PPI: Utility in Clinical Practice" (poster 14) presented by Dr. Louis Wilson on Sunday, October 13 from 3:30 – 7 p.m. PDT.
SmartPill® motility monitoring:
- "Clinical Utility and Diagnostic Yield of 165 Wireless Capsule Studies at a Tertiary Referral Center" (poster 1684) presented by Dr. Zubin Arora on Tuesday, October 15 from 10:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. PDT.
ManoScan® high resolution manometry:
- "Alterations in Esophageal Function on High Resolution Esophageal Manometry in the Elderly" (poster 1216) presented by Dr. Stephanie Worrell on Tuesday, October 15 from 10:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. PDT.
United European Gastroenterology Week 2013
Given Imaging will be at booth #7 located in Hall 15.1 at UEG Week taking place in Berlin, Germany October 12-16, 2013. Key abstracts being presented during the meeting include:
PillCam® COLON capsule endoscopy:
- "Colon Capsule Endoscopy Versus CT-Colonography In The Evaluation Of Patients With Incomplete Traditional Colonoscopy: A Prospective Comparative Trial" (oral presentation 431) presented by Dr. Cristiano Spada on Wednesday, October 16 from noon - 12:12 p.m. CEST.
- "French Multicenter Experience of Colon Capsule Endoscopy in Real Practice: Primary Results of the Colon Capsule Endoscopy Observatory "ONECC"" (poster1337) presented by Dr. Jean-Christophe Saurin on Wednesday, October 16 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. CEST.
PillCam® SB capsule endoscopy:
- "Why Should We Still Use Capsule Endoscopy In Inflammatory Bowel Diseases?" (oral presentation 430) presented by Dr. Lucia Marquez on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 from 11:48 a.m. – noon CEST.
Bravo® pH monitoring:
- "The Real Prevalence Of Functional Heartburn: The Lesson Of Prolonged Wireless pH Monitoring" (poster 1598) presented by Dr. Roberto Penagini on Wednesday, October 16 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. CEST.
ManoScan® high resolution manometry:
- "Prevalence Of Relaxation Disorders Of The Lower Esophageal Sphincter In Patients Undergoing High-Resolution Manometry" (poster 1585) presented by Dr. Jutta Keller on Wednesday, October 16 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. CEST.
About Given Imaging Ltd.
Since pioneering the field of capsule endoscopy in 2001, Given Imaging has become a world leader in GI medical devices, offering health care providers a range of innovative options for visualizing, diagnosing and monitoring the digestive system. The company offers a broad product portfolio including PillCam® capsule endoscope for the small bowel, esophagus and colon. The company also offers industry-leading GI functional diagnostic solutions including ManoScan® high resolution manometry, Bravo® capsule-based pH monitoring, Digitrapper® pH-Z monitoring, and SmartPill® motility monitoring systems. Given Imaging is committed to delivering breakthrough innovations to the GI community and supporting its ongoing clinical needs. Given Imaging's headquarters are located in Yoqneam, Israel, with operating subsidiaries in the United States, Germany, France, Japan, Australia, Vietnam, Hong Kong and Brazil. For more information, please visit givenimaging.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, projections about our business and our future revenues, expenses and profitability. Forward-looking statements may be, but are not necessarily, identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "may," "anticipates," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "believes," and words and terms of similar substance. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual events, results, performance, circumstances or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future events, results, performance, circumstances or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements include statements relating to the Company exploring strategic alternatives and considering possible strategic transactions involving the Company. Factors that could cause actual events, results, performance, circumstances or achievements to differ from such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, the following: (1) our ability to develop and bring to market new products, (2) our ability to successfully complete any necessary or required clinical studies with our products, (3) our ability to receive regulatory clearance or approval to market our products or changes in regulatory environment, (4) our success in implementing our sales, marketing and manufacturing plans, (5) the level of adoption of our products by medical practitioners, (6) the emergence of other products that may make our products obsolete, (7) lack of an appropriate bowel preparation materials to be used with our PillCam COLON capsule, (8) protection and validity of patents and other intellectual property rights, (9) the impact of currency exchange rates, (10) the effect of competition by other companies, (11) the outcome of significant litigation, (12) our ability to obtain reimbursement for our product from government and commercial payors, (13) quarterly variations in operating results, (14) the possibility of armed conflict or civil or military unrest in Israel, (15) the impact of global economic conditions, (16) our ability to successfully integrate acquired businesses, (17) changes and reforms in applicable healthcare laws and regulations, (18) quality issues and adverse events related to our products, such as capsule retention, aspiration and failure to attach or detach, bleeding or perforation that could require us to recall products and impact our sales and net income, and (19) other risks and factors disclosed in our filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, risks and factors identified under such headings as "Risk Factors," "Cautionary Language Regarding Forward-Looking Statements" and "Operating Results and Financial Review and Prospects" in the Company's Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 2012. You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this press release. Except to the extent expressly required under applicable law, the Company undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements, to report events or to report the occurrence of unanticipated events.
CONTACT: For further information contact: Chantal Beaudry/Martyna Gawrych Lazar Partners Ltd. email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org 212-867-1762 Investor Contact: David Carey Lazar Partners Ltd. email@example.com 212-867-1762 Israel Investor Contact: Nava Ladin Gelbart Kahana Investor Relations +972-3-6074717 firstname.lastname@example.orgSource:Given Imaging Ltd.