TEMPE, Ariz., Oct. 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Limelight Networks (Nasdaq:LLNW), a leader in digital presence management and delivery, today announced the next generation of its award-winning Limelight Orchestrate™ ("Orchestrate") Digital Presence Platform. The enhanced capabilities of the Orchestrate V2.5 platform help organizations better engage digital audiences by ensuring consistent high performance digital experiences across channels, devices, and geographies. The Orchestrate V2.5 platform supports faster content delivery, while addressing the customer challenges presented by increased and erratic content consumption, and the need to support an ever-expanding ecosystem of mobile devices.
In recent Real User Measurement (RUM) testing, validated by third parties, Limelight demonstrated up to an 8x website performance improvement, translating into an 88 percent reduction in website visitor wait time. These results showed that Limelight delivers dynamic web content across the globe up to 45 percent faster than all major competitors.
NeuLion Inc., a leading provider of OTT (Over-the-Top) and TVE (Television Everywhere) solutions, has integrated its NeuLion TV Everywhere Platform with the Orchestrate platform. "When launching a multi-screen live and on demand video service, content owners need to meet, and exceed, consumer expectations of the viewing experience. The Limelight Orchestrate platform provides a highly scalable and elastic cloud-based delivery platform with bandwidth control, acceleration, and optimal performance to ensure delivery of that content anywhere, on any device, at any time. We're excited that, by working with Limelight, we can provide an exceptional offering that meets this need," said Chris Wagner, executive vice president and co-founder at NeuLion.
Delivery Experience Enhancements
- Enhanced caching. The Orchestrate Content Delivery Service improvements provide additional flexibility in caching settings to enable customers to maximize cache-hit ratios. Website visitors will benefit from shorter wait times as the content is closer to the user, resulting in faster downloads and less video buffering.
- Dynamic Content Acceleration. The Orchestrate Performance Service provides end-to-end optimization enhancements, delivering dynamic web content to end users up to 8x faster and 40 percent to 65 percent faster than CDNs who do not have this end-to-end capability.
- Front End Acceleration. Enhancements to front end acceleration reduce wait times and boost web page loading for specific browsers, and find the most efficient path to route objects, decreasing the number of trips required from the point of origin to the end user and the size of each request.
- Zero-Time-to-Publish (ZTP). Now available for API uploads, ZTP in the Orchestrate Video Service enables playback immediately after a file has been uploaded allowing customers to communicate breaking news or announcements instantaneously.
Scale, Elasticity and Availability – Network Infrastructure Improvements
Limelight has thousands of servers deployed around the globe in dense architectures within major metro markets. The servers are peered with access networks to provide better transit of traffic across geographies. Recent enhancements allow customers the ability to upload and access their content globally and include:
- Infrastructure Enhancements. Hundreds of additional servers deployed across the globe add more than two terabits per second of incremental capacity.
- The Orchestrate Cloud Storage Service. Enhanced policies enable customers to control the number and location of copies of their media, and designate the retention time of a file or object.
According to Senior Analyst David Aponovich, in the report 'Refocus the Digital Experience Technology Investment Discussion' from Forrester Research, Inc., in September 9, 2013: "Businesses have a strong rationale to invest in tools and technologies that support multichannel digital customer experiences. Stellar digital experiences, supported by a growing set of technologies and capabilities, have the power to help businesses and brands better engage with customers, deliver more effective digital offerings and services, drive new revenue and higher profits, and stand out in crowded markets."
Robert Lento, CEO of Limelight Networks, said, "Our customers are assured superb delivery of their digital content on any device, anywhere in the world. We know that performance matters – and performance affects our customers' success. With the Orchestrate V2.5 platform, we've accelerated content delivery resulting in an optimized total delivery experience."
Limelight Networks (Nasdaq:LLNW), a global leader in Digital Presence Management and Delivery, empowers customers to better engage digital audiences by enabling them to create, manage and deliver digital content on any device, anywhere in the world. The company's award winning Limelight Orchestrate™ platform includes an integrated suite of content delivery technology and services that helps organizations deliver exceptional multi-screen experiences, improve brand awareness, drive revenue and enhance customer relationships — all while reducing costs. For more information, please visit www.limelight.com, read our blog and be sure to follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/llnw.
CONTACT: Jeff Benanto famaPR on behalf of Limelight Networks 617-986-5020 firstname.lastname@example.org