MONTERREY, Mexico, Oct. 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mexican airport operator Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA (Nasdaq:OMAB) (BMV:OMA), reported its unaudited results for the third quarter of 2013 today.
OMA recorded solid results in the third quarter of 2013, with 7.6% growth of the sum of aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenues, 4.4% growth in Adjusted EBITDA, and 4.1% growth in operating income. Total passenger traffic increased 5.0% to 3.6 million passengers.
|(Million passengers and million pesos)||3Q12||3Q13||% Var||9M12||9M13||% Var|
|Aeronautical revenues + Non-Aeronautical revenues||759||817||7.6||2,077||2,279||9.7|
|Income from operations (Ps. million)||338||352||4.1||868||968||11.5|
|Operating margin (%)||48.1%||46.3%||45.2%||45.0%|
|Adjusted EBITDA margin (Adjusted EBITDA/Aeronautical revenues + Non-aeronautical revenues, %)||56.0%||54.3%||54.3%||54.5%|
|Consolidated net income (Ps. million)||218||228||4.4||563||669||19.0|
|Net income of majority interest (Ps. million)||218||227||4.5||562||668||18.9|
|Capital Expenditures (Ps. million)||130||127||(2.3)||433||441||1.8|
|*Based on weighted average shares outstanding|
|See Notes to the Financial Information|
The principal developments of the third quarter included:
- Terminal passenger traffic increased 5.0% to 3.6 million in 3Q13; domestic traffic increased 6.1%, and international traffic decreased 2.7%. Eight of the 15 airlines at our airports grew traffic in the quarter.
- Nine new domestic routes opened in the quarter.
- Aeronautical revenues increased 4.6%, principally as a result of the growth in passenger traffic and increases in passenger and airports services charges under the Maximum Rate regulations.
- Non-aeronautical revenues increased 17.5%.
- The sum of aeronautical and non-aeronautical revenues per passenger increased 2.5% to Ps. 225.7.
- Aeronautical revenues per passenger decreased 0.4% to Ps. 168.6.
- Non-aeronautical revenues per passenger increased 11.8% to Ps. 57.1; this marks the 22nd consecutive quarter of growth in non-aeronautical revenues per passenger.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 4.4% to Ps. 444 million in 3Q13. The Adjusted EBITDA margin reached 54.3%, reflecting OMA's efforts to increase cash flow generation.
- Consolidated net income rose 4.4% to Ps. 228 million. Earnings per share were Ps. 0.57, or US$ 0.35 per American Depositary Share (ADS). The Return on Equity for the last 12 months was 15.7%.
- Capital expenditures were Ps. 127 million.
OMA's full earnings report is available at http://ir.oma.aero.
OMA (Nasdaq:OMAB) (BMV:OMA) will hold its 3Q13 earnings conference call on October 25, 2013 at 12:00 pm Eastern time, 11:00 am Mexico City time.
The conference call is accessible by calling 1-877-941-1427 toll-free from the U.S. or 1-480-629-9664 from outside the U.S. The conference ID is 4645146. A taped replay will be available through November 1, 2013 at 877-870-5176 toll free or + 1-858-384-5517, using the same ID.
This press release may contain forward-looking information and statements. Forward-looking statements are statements that are not historical facts. These statements are only predictions based on our current expectations and projections about future events. Forward-looking statements may be identified by the words "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "target," or similar expressions. While OMA's management believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, investors are cautioned that forward-looking information and statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties, many of which are difficult to predict and are generally beyond the control of OMA, that could cause actual results and developments to differ materially from those expressed in, or implied or projected by, the forward-looking information and statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, those discussed in our most recent annual report filed on Form 20-F under the caption "Risk Factors." OMA undertakes no obligation to publicly update its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA, operates 13 international airports in nine states of central and northern Mexico. OMA's airports serve Monterrey, Mexico's third largest metropolitan area, the tourist destinations of Acapulco, Mazatlán, and Zihuatanejo, and nine other regional centers and border cities. OMA also operates a hotel and commercial areas inside Terminal 2 of the Mexico City airport. OMA employs over 1,000 persons in order to offer passengers and clients, airport and commercial services in facilities that comply with all applicable international safety, security standards, and ISO 9001:2008. OMA's strategic shareholder members are ICA, Mexico's largest engineering, procurement, and construction company, and Aéroports de Paris Management, subsidiary of Aéroports de Paris, the third largest European airports operator. OMA is listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange (OMA) and on the NASDAQ Global Select Market (OMAB). For more information, please visit us at:
- Website: http://www.oma.aero
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/OMAeropuertos
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/OMA/137924482889484