BMC Launches New Data Management Solutions for IBM DB2 11 and IMS 13,Provides "Day One" Support for the Industry's Powerhouse Database Servers
Maker of the "Ultimate Driving Machine" Chooses BMC Data Management Solutions
SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BMC Software, the global leader in IT management solutions, today announced that renowned automaker BMW is implementing the new BMC Data Management solutions for IBM DB2® 11 on z/OS®. The BMC solutions were launched today in support of the general availability of IBM DB2® 11and IMS™13.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=21814
"Day One" support is critical for the world's largest IT departments, a great many of which rely heavily on BMC Data Management solutions. BMC works to ensure that its solutions are available, tested, and production-ready when customers need them. An early collaboration between BMC and BMW ensured the auto giant was ready to go day one to take full advantage of the new Data Management and DB2 features.
Large companies like BMW often find that upgrades to existing products impact numerous components of their global operations. The BMC commitment to customer satisfaction throughout the rigorous development process -- combined with constant innovation -- results in uninterrupted service to the BMC global customer base. The Data Management solutions are the 7th mainframe innovation from BMC in the last year.
Key Points to Know
- In a recent customer survey, 99 percent of BMC Data Management customers state that the solutions generate value for their businesses. The early support for IBM DB2 11 and IMS 13 extends the value that customers have come to expect from BMC mainframe IT solutions.
- The new BMC Data Management solutions deliver early support for enhanced continuous availability, scalability, and security, as well as lower CPU consumption and sophisticated business analytics capabilities for the IBM DB2 11 and IMS 13 products.
- BMC Data Management solutions for DB2 and IMS deliver cost optimization and high availability for mainframe database environments.
- Early support for IBM DB2 11 database includes:
- DB2 Extended LRSN/RBA
- Additional zIIP-eligible workloads
- Support for all modes ranging from CM to NFM
- Other enhancements that reduce CPU usage
- Early support for IBM IMS 13 includes:
- IMS connectivity enhancements
- Online Alter function for IMS HALDB and Fast Path databases (DEDB)
- Database versioning
- DBRC enhancements
- Enhanced log, storage, and infrastructure support
- Native SQL support for COBOL
- Additional support for Java, SQL
- BMC Data Management for DB2 and IMS are industry-leading database management offerings that provide a 2X performance boost at half the resource cost of alternative mainframe solutions. The BMC solutions are fully validated for the latest IBM database releases, enabling customers to quickly reduce costs and increase performance and agility through dramatically enhanced performance management, database administration, and backup and recovery capabilities.
- See the infographic.
- Read the blog.
DB2 Product Manager, BMW Group/Automotive:
"As the maker of the 'ultimate driving machine®,' BMW knows a lot about how to deliver high performance. BMC Software has delivered superb support to us in advance of the new DB2 release. We look forward to continuing to use the BMC Data Management solution to reduce costs and improve productivity as we move IBM DB2 11 into production."
Jonathan Adams, Vice President of Data and Select Technology, BMC Software:
"There's a reason why BMC Software is the global leader in value optimization for the mainframe. We have a long track-record of helping customers solve IT's toughest challenges with a wide array of innovative, powerful solutions. The rigorous development process at BMC ensures day one delivery of products that customers can count on to support their critical business applications."
RSS Feed for BMC Software: http://www.bmc.com/subscriptions/?intcmp=foot_sub_rss
BMC Software. IT innovation drives business transformation.
For more than 30 years, BMC has helped thousands of companies around the world master tough IT challenges. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, from the back room to the boardroom, BMC delivers the automation, integration, and sophistication that enable the business and IT to perform like never before. To learn more, visit bmc.com.
BMC, BMC Software, and the BMC Software logo are the exclusive properties of BMC Software Inc., are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other BMC trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners©.
IBM®, IMS™, and DB2® are trademarks or registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Source:BMC Software, Inc.