DUBLIN, Ireland, Oct. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Prothena Corporation plc (Nasdaq:PRTA), a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of novel antibodies for the potential treatment of a broad range of diseases, today announced that it will host its Research and Development Day on Monday, November 4, 2013 from 9:00 a.m – 12:00 p.m. ET at the New York Palace Hotel in New York, NY.
A live webcast of the conference can be accessed through the investor relations section of the Company's website at www.prothena.com. Following the live presentation, a replay of the webcast will be available on the Company's website for 90 days.
Prothena management and scientists will discuss the Company's progress on its lead programs:
- NEOD001, a monoclonal antibody targeting AL and AA amyloid for the potential treatment of amyloidosis
- PRX002, a monoclonal antibody targeting alpha-synuclein for the potential treatment of Parkinson's disease
- PRX003, a monoclonal antibody targeting MCAM (melanoma cell adhesion molecule) for the potential treatment of inflammatory diseases and cancers
Independent subject matter experts will discuss the therapeutic areas of amyloidosis and Parkinson's disease and unmet medical need.
In addition to Dale Schenk, PhD, President and Chief Executive Officer, Prothena; Gene Kinney, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer and Head of Research & Development, Prothena; Martin Koller, MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer, Prothena; and Kenneth Flanagan, PhD, Senior Scientist, Prothena, independent participants include:
- Brian Fiske, PhD, The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
- Eliezer Masliah, MD, Neurology, University of California, San Diego
- Pat Napoda, Amyloidosis Foundation
- Ted Yednock, PhD, Scientific Advisor to Prothena, Former EVP and Head of Global Research at Elan Pharmaceuticals (Athena Neurosciences)
- Jeffrey A. Zonder, MD, Associate Professor of Oncology and Medicine and Leader, Multiple Myeloma Program, Wayne State School of Medicine and Karmanos Cancer Institute
Prothena Corporation plc. is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of novel antibodies for the potential treatment of a broad range of diseases that involve protein misfolding and cell adhesion, particularly on the discovery, development and commercialization of potential therapeutic monoclonal antibodies directed specifically to disease-causing proteins. These potential therapies have a broad range of indications, including AL and AA forms of amyloidosis (NEOD001), Parkinson's disease and related synucleinopathies (PRX002), and novel cell adhesion targets involved in inflammatory disease and metastatic cancers (PRX003). For more information, please visit www.prothena.com.