Capital City Bank Named Among "Best Banks to Work For" in U.S.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla., Oct. 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Banker has listed Capital City Bank (Nasdaq:CCBG) among its inaugural ranking of "Best Banks to Work For." Coming in at #9 among participants with asset sizes up to $3 billion, Capital City Bank is in the company of 35 banks from around the country lauded as the cream of the crop in workplace quality issues such as benefits, opportunities and even fun.

"Our associates are our most valuable resource. They are the foundation of what we do," said Bill Smith, Capital City Bank Group chairman, president and CEO. "At Capital City Bank, we aspire to be more than a bank to our clients and emphasize creating positive, memorable and exceptional service experiences. Our associates make it possible to live up to this promise. I'm proud of our team of bankers and honored that Capital City Bank has been recognized in this way."

The "Best Banks" list was created by American Banker in partnership with Best Companies Group. Participating companies underwent an exhaustive evaluation of their workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems and demographics, which was worth approximately 25% of the evaluation. The other 75% was a measure of employee satisfaction as determined by a company-wide survey process. The combined scores determined the top companies and the final ranking.

In order to be considered for the "Best Banks" list, the firm must be a commercial bank, thrift, mutual association, mutual savings bank, savings and loan association or a savings bank. The entity must have a minimum of 50 employees in the United States.

About Capital City Bank Group, Inc.

Capital City Bank Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CCBG) is one of the largest publicly traded financial services companies headquartered in Florida and has approximately $2.5 billion in assets. The Company provides a full range of banking services, including traditional checking, savings and loan services, asset management, trust, mortgage banking, merchant services, bankcards, data processing and securities brokerage services. The Company's bank subsidiary, Capital City Bank, was founded in 1895 and has 63 full-service banking offices and 71 ATMs to serve 26 counties in the greater Tallahassee, Fla., Gainesville, Fla. and Macon, Ga. areas.

CONTACT: For Information Contact: Brooke Hallock Hallock.Brooke@ccbg.com 850.402.8525Source:Capital City Bank Group, Inc.