SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As cloud computing goes mainstream, businesses of all sizes are looking for a fast, intuitive and easy way to leverage the incredible power of the platform.
To meet this demand, BMC Software today launched two new programs aimed at making it easier for customers to get from "zero-to-cloud" in as little as 30 days. BMC ZipKit and BMC Express Cloud are designed as a solution bundle that delivers a cost-effective starter cloud to enterprises with a 30-day implementation time, giving the customer a quick cloud project win while providing the foundation of a scalable, long-term enterprise cloud.
Many companies create clouds that are complex, prone to failure and lack the foundation required for a real enterprise cloud offering. In contrast, BMC offers a comprehensive, robust solution that can be quickly delivered in a straightforward and successful way.
- The BMC Express Cloud program is a bundled solution that combines software, consulting services, and training to deliver customers an enterprise-class hybrid cloud, connecting a private cloud to Amazon Web Services, in 30 days or less.
- The BMC ZipKit program includes a rich library of pre-built application components for the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management and BMC BladeLogic management systems.
The leader in enterprise IT management software, BMC worked directly with customers to tailor these solutions so that IT departments can launch fast, secure, cost-effective access to the many advantages offered by the Cloud. Both solutions are generally available (GA).
Key Points to Know:
BMC Express Cloud
- For a fixed low price of $199,000 (USD), customers get:
-- Enterprise-class hybrid cloud using VMware private cloud and Amazon public cloud built on BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management by professional cloud-builders.
-- A Cloud Solutions Planning Workshop to help plan your project
-- 250 managed server licenses, allowing your cloud to service both development and production requirements.
-- Educational services to train your staff how to operate and maintain your new hybrid cloud.
-- Quick implementation time - 30 days or less so you can deliver a successful cloud project on time and in budget.
BMC ZipKits feature:
- Free downloadable content for Cloud Lifecycle Management and BladeLogic
- ZipKits for Cloud: BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management Service Blueprints for common business services.
- ZipKits for BladeLogic: BMC BladeLogic server automation packages to address common configuration, compliance, and provisioning needs.
- ZipKit Community: Customer generated content freely shared focused on best practices, rapid collaboration, and knowledge transfer.
John Frazier, vice president, Cloud Technology, JDA:
"JDA Cloud Services customers demand a dynamic cloud-based environment that can be spun up quickly and then continue to grow with their needs. The flexible, cost-effective, enterprise-focused cloud solutions from BMC -- built with pre-packaged content – helps accelerate our cloud customer acquisition and growth."
Mary Johnston Turner, vice president, Enterprise System Management Software, IDC Research:
"In the era of IT consumerization, mobility, big data and cloud, IT organizations need to become more agile and responsive to business priorities. Pre-defined service and infrastructure provisioning blueprints, such as those provided by the newly launched BMC ZipKits, can increase use of automation and enable IT teams to quickly and consistently deploy new resources while maintaining service levels and eliminating human error. This type of capability is a critical enabler of dynamic cloud data center operations."
Dave Roberts, senior director, Cloud Management, BMC Software:
"With the addition of these two products to the robust BMC cloud portfolio, any business can deploy trusted, enterprise-grade cloud services to their users in less than a month. It's a huge milestone, but more importantly, it will be a catalyst for more businesses to move into a cloud-based environment that is powerful and affordable."
Information on new products:
- CLM ZipKits: https://communities.bmc.com/community/bmcdn/cloud_lifecycle_management
- BSA ZipKits: https://communities.bmc.com/community/bmcdn/bmc_service_automation/server_configuration_automation_bladelogic
- Express Cloud: http://www.bmc.com/solutions/cloud-computing/cloud-management-get-started.html#.UlRgPmRgYho
RSS Feed for BMC Software:
BMC Software. IT innovation drives business transformation.
For more than 30 years, BMC has helped thousands of companies around the world master tough IT challenges. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, from the back room to the boardroom, BMC delivers the automation, integration, and sophistication that enable the business and IT to perform like never before. To learn more, visit bmc.com.
BMC, BMC Software, and the BMC Software logo are the exclusive properties of BMC Software Inc., are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other BMC trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Editorial contacts: Ann Duhon BMC Software 713 918 3201 713 562 8817 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:BMC Software, Inc.