WARREN, N.J., Nov. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANAD) (the "Company"), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today announced that the Company's AWL9293 and AWL9581 802.11ac front-end integrated circuits (FEICs) are enabling WiFi connectivity in the new GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) by Samsung Electronics. This feature-rich tablet includes a 10-inch WQXGA resolution display, 3 GB RAM, 8 megapixel camera and Android® 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system. The new GALAXY Note 10.1 also offers Multi Window, which enables users to run separate instances of the same application and use the enhanced S Pen to drag and drop content from one window to another.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=22008
"We are proud to be working closely with Samsung Electronics to power high-throughput WiFi connectivity across a variety of smartphones and tablets, including the latest GALAXY Note 10.1," said Jonathan Griffith, vice president of WiFi Products at ANADIGICS. "Our 802.11ac FEICs leverage ANADIGICS' patented InGaP-Plus™ technology to deliver differentiated performance and integration. These advantages help manufacturers reduce time-to-market by simplifying RF design and improving manufacturability, while enabling longer battery life and higher data rates for an enhanced user experience."
ANADIGICS' AWL9293 2.4 GHz and AWL9581 5 GHz FEICs leverage the Company's patented InGaP-Plus technology and unique design architectures to combine a high performance power amplifier (PA), low-noise amplifier (LNA) with bypass option, and RF switch on a single die. This level of integration greatly improves manufacturability and reliability, while reducing PCB space requirements. The complete family of 802.11ac FEICs provides outstanding error vector magnitude (EVM) and noise figure performance, which enables ultra-high data throughput.
ANADIGICS 802.11ac WiFi FEIC Family Key Facts and Highlights:
- Ultra-low EVM in the toughest 802.11ac modulation formats, enabling extremely high transmission data rates
- Best-in-class power efficiency for improved thermal characteristics to support MIMO applications
- Industry-leading integration of the PA, LNA with bypass option, and Tx/Rx switch to simplify RF design and reduce time-to-market
- Compact 2.5 mm x 2.5 mm x 0.4 mm QFN package with a high-accuracy, integrated power detector, and RF ports internally matched to 50 Ohms to reduce PCB space requirements
For more information on ANADIGICS products and multimedia content, please refer to the following resources:
- ANADIGICS LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Photos: http://www.flickr.com/anadigics_inc
- ANADIGICS Video: http://www.youtube.com/anadigics
About ANADIGICS, Inc.
ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANAD) (the "Company") designs and manufactures innovative radio frequency solutions for the growing cellular, WiFi, and infrastructure markets. Headquartered in Warren, NJ, ANADIGICS offers RF products with exceptional performance and integration to deliver a unique competitive advantage to OEMs and ODMs for mobile device, base station, CATV infrastructure, CATV subscriber, and industrial applications. The Company's award-winning solutions include power amplifiers, front-end ICs, front-end modules, line amplifiers, active splitters, tuners, and other RF components. For more information, visit www.anadigics.com.
CONTACT: Media Relations Brian Ribeiro mspire group Tel: +1 908 369 9300 Email: email@example.com Investor Relations Kristina Panek ANADIGICS, Inc. Tel: +1 908 668 5000 ext. 5330 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org