Dublin, Nov. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/29l3b9/triptans) has announced the addition of the "Triptans Products, Pipelines, Players, Patents and Prospects" report to their offering.
Triptans consist of a class of drugs called selective 5-hydroxytryptamine subtype 1 (5-HT1) receptor agonists. Migraine headaches are an established and growing market for patient-friendly drug delivery. Triptans constrict blood vessels in the brain and relieve swelling, a mechanism that is thought to provide palliative relief to migraine patients, but also have other properties that may help treat migraine symptoms.
Worldwide, the highest prevalence of migraine occurs in North America. It is approximately 25 percent less frequent in Europe and Central and South America and approximately 67 percent less frequent in Asia and Africa. Most patients with migraine begin having the headaches in childhood, adolescence or early adulthood.
The market and growth prospects for migraine therapeutics are substantial and have attracted an expanding list of players.
- Analyzes and evaluates triptan drug classes and products and development-stage candidates and assesses risks and market potential
- Provides assessments of indications and markets for triptans and examines key market and commercialization factors
- Evaluates the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors on triptan drug commercialization
- Provides market data and forecasts to 2018
- Profiles market sector participants, their product development activities and business strategies
Key Topics Covered
The Market Opportunity
Triptan Drug Classes
Triptan Drug Products - Analysis, Market Data and Forecasts
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/29l3b9/triptans
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Source:Research and Markets