CHESTER, N.J., Nov. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- This holiday season, more than 40 million* Americans will prepare the classic Green Bean Casserole for their closest friends and family. Therefore, it's only fitting to use trusted ingredients that have been around for generations and that includes French's® French Fried Onions®, America's #1 brand*.
Photos accompanying this release are available at:
So bring your family down memory lane and celebrate with the Green Bean Casserole, the timeless dish that celebrates 58 years this Thanksgiving.
"A primary staple at potluck dinners and family gatherings since its creation, the secret to the popularity of the Green Bean Casserole really comes down to taste and texture," says Mike Currie, Brand Manager for French's French Fried Onions. "It's the combination of crispy, crunchy French's French Fried Onions and their juxtaposition to the creamy smoothness of the cream of mushroom soup that's behind the appeal."
This holiday season enjoy THE original and also try its contemporary "cousin" Crunchy Onion Potato Bake.
ORIGINAL GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
Prep Time: 5 min. Cook Time: 35 min.
|1 (10 3/4 oz.) can||CAMPBELL'S® Cream of Mushroom Soup|
|1/8 tsp.||black pepper|
|4 cups||cooked, cut green bean|
|1 1/3 cups||FRENCH'S® French Fried Onions|
1. MIX soup, milk and pepper in a 1 1/2 -qt. baking dish. Stir in beans and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions.
2. BAKE at 350°F for 30 min. or until hot.
2. STIR. Top with remaining 2/3 cup onions. Bake 5 min. until onions are golden.
Makes, 6 servings
CRUNCHY POTATO BAKE
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 45 mins
|3 lbs. Yukon gold or all-purpose potatoes, peeled and quartered|
|6 tbsp. butter|
|1/2 cup milk or half and half|
|2 cups shredded cheddar cheese|
|2 cups FRENCH'S® French Fried Onions|
|12 slices, bacon, cooked and crumbled|
1. PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Cover potatoes with water in large saucepot, add salt if desired and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
2. MASH potatoes with butter, milk, and salt and pepper to taste. Layer half of potatoes in 1-1/2- quart casserole, sprinkle with half the bacon, 1 cup cheese and 1 cup French Fried Onions. Top with remaining potatoes.
3. BAKE 15 minutes. Top with remaining bacon, cheese and French Fried Onions. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes, 10 servings
Look for FRENCH'S French Fried Onions in the vegetable aisle of the supermarket.
FRENCH'S Foods, a division of Reckitt Benckiser Inc., the maker of FRENCH'S® French Fried Onions, is a leading manufacturer, marketer, and distributor of food and household products. Some other well known, trusted household names in the Reckitt Benckiser Inc. family of food products include FRENCH'S® Mustard, FRANK'S® REDHOT® Cayenne Pepper Sauce and FRENCH'S® Worcestershire Sauce.
CONTACT: Amy Stern Bender Group Amy.Stern@bhgpr.com (973) 744-0707Source:Reckitt Benckiser