Dublin, Nov. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7lgzd7/coagulation) has announced the addition of the "Coagulation Self-Testing Devices, Markets, Players and Prospects" report to their offering.
The ability of patients to self-monitor is deemed to be a critical tool in reducing the pathological effects of difficult-to-control disease factors. For the millions of patients in the US and worldwide prescribed warfarin for oral anticoagulation therapy (OAT), the ability to monitor coagulation rates and adjust drug dosage to optimize therapeutic outcomes is a critical element of patient care. The availability of self-testing monitors provides patients with an opportunity to self-test and avoid frequent caregiver visits. Compared to blood glucose monitoring, OAT self-testing presents a higher level of complexity and risk, placing a premium on patient education.
A number of companies are now providing services to patients wishing to self-test, acting as a first-line patient resource and assisting with device selection and patient training. Wirelessly-enabled devices that allow patients to share readings with physicians electronically provide an additional safety and compliance benefit. While still a small percentage of all patients, as demographics and awareness drive increases in the diagnosed incidence of underlying conditions, patient self-testing for OAT will increasingly migrate from caregiver facilities and into homes.
- Analyzes marketed patient self-testing devices for measuring and monitoring anticoagulation drug therapy
- Evaluates the status and prospects of coagulation self-test devices currently in development
- Assesses the market potential and commercialization risks and opportunities for coagulation self-test devices
- Examines the role and impact of third-party PT/INR self-test services on device demand and patient acceptance
- Provides market data and forecasts to 2018
- Profiles market participants, their technology, product development activity, and business strategies
Key Topics Covered
- Anticoagulation Therapy Market Dynamics
- Coagulation Self-Testing Device Design Factors
- Commercialization Factors
- Market Analysis, Data and Forecasts
- Market Participant Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7lgzd7/coagulation
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Source:Research and Markets