TOKYO, Nov. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DeNA Co., Ltd. (Tokyo:2432), the global leader in mobile Internet services, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2013. DeNA reported quarterly revenue of 47.6 billion yen (483 million* USD), 5 percent lower than the same quarter last year, and operating profit of 15.1 billion yen (153 million* USD), 26 percent lower than the same quarter of the previous year.
"During the second quarter, DeNA continued its aggressive production of a wide variety of first- and second-party games in multiple genres to strengthen its portfolio," said Isao Moriyasu, President and CEO of DeNA. "In the remainder of the fiscal year, we will continue delivering a new range of exciting games to an ever-increasing number of smartphone users worldwide."
|Item|| Q2 |
| Q2 |
| YoY |
| Q1 |
| QoQ |
|Profit before tax||15.2||20.1||-24%||17.6||-14%|
|Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent||8.9||11.7||-24%||9.6||-7%|
Second Quarter FY2013 Business Highlights
- MobaCoin consumption in Japan was 50.4 billion yen (511 million* USD), 8 percent lower than the previous quarter. The decrease was mostly from existing first- and second-party titles.
- 11 new first- and second-party titles launched on Mobage Japan from August through today.
- MobaCoin consumption from international business declined quarter-over-quarter to approximately 75 million USD, mostly due to the lower contribution from established hit titles.
- Mobage West cost controls were maintained throughout the quarter while investing in resources to develop new games with broader audience appeal.
FY2013 Business Strategy Update
- Revitalizing Mobage Japan with approximately 60 new first- and second-party title launches on browsers and apps since August to grow MobaCoin consumption again by Q4.
- Producing more high-quality games from multiple genres in the West; over 20 titles launching since August.
- Launching numerous Internet services, both big and small, in entertainment, communications and other domains.
Third Quarter, FY2013 Guidance
- Revenues are projected to be 43.3 billion yen (439 million* USD)
- Operating profit is projected to be 11.7 billion yen (119 million* USD)
- Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent is projected to be 7.6 billion yen (77 million* USD)
|Guidance for Nine Months Ending December 31, 2013|
|Item|| Apr-Dec |
| Apr-Dec |
| YoY |
|Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent||26.1||33.5||-22%|
Earnings presentation slides and consolidated financial statements are available at:
* Dollar values reported were translated at 98.57 Japanese yen per U.S. dollar, which was the Telegraphic Transfer Middle Rate (TTM) per the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ as of November 5, 2013.
DeNA (pronounced "D-N-A") is a global leader of developing and operating mobile services including free-to-play games, the Mobage social games platform, e-commerce and other online offerings. Founded in 1999, DeNA is headquartered in Tokyo with offices and game development studios across the globe. DeNA Co., Ltd. is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (2432). For more information, visit: dena.com
The information and data contained within this press release have been determined based on information available as of November 7, 2013. DeNA disclaims any obligation to update or revise such information and data, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. In addition, any forward-looking statements contained in this press release are based on our opinions and information available as of November 7, 2013, and involve uncertainty. Please be aware that the actual performance data and similar information are subject to influence from diverse factors, and may differ from the forecasts presented herein.