Redwood City, Calif., Nov. 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today introduced Informatica Cloud Winter 2014, the latest release of its award-winning Informatica Cloud family of cloud-based integration and data management cloud solutions. Informatica Cloud now processes more than 60 billion transactions per month.
Powered by Informatica Vibe, the industry's first and only embeddable virtual data machine (VDM), Informatica Cloud Winter 2014 drives new levels of business and data integration productivity with advances in the areas of Cloud Data, Service, and Process Integration, Cloud Master Data Management (MDM), Cloud Test Data Management (TDM) and Cloud Process Automation.
Highlights of the new release include:
· Innovative capabilities to easily create unified business processes requiring real-time data, service, or process integration.
· Broader process automation options for mobile users on the go.
· Productivity enhancements for test data generation.
Cloud Integration Innovations: Driving Productivity in Real Time
Informatica Cloud Winter 2014 introduces new advances in real-time data and applications integration, while also placing more productivity-driving power in the hands of line-of-business users. These advances include:
· Unifying Cloud data, service, and process integration- New service and process integration functionality enables users to build standards-based, advanced real-time integrations in the cloud across application services, processes and systems. The model- driven design approach enables LOB process analysts and integration developers to be highly productive developing service orchestration and process automation applications with improved collaboration and without requiring specialized development skills. Integrations developed on Informatica Cloud can be exposed as REST APIs to enable seamless access to processes and data to any consumer application, including mobile applications, web mashups and business partners.
· Crowdsourcing integration processes - New Global Repository expedites sharing of reusable cloud integration processes within the enterprise or across enterprises to increase development productivity, foster collaboration on complex business processes and accelerate time-to-develop and deploy integration projects.
· Seamlessly integrating interdepartmental processes - New Mid-Stream Writer empowers users to create advanced data flows enabling business processes that span departments and their individual cloud applications (e.g., Salesforce CRM, Marketo, Workday, etc.) for increased business productivity.
· Extending Salesforce Outbound Message Support with Custom Integration Templates to easily implement re-usable integrations triggered by events in Salesforce.
According to an Aug. 30, 2013 Gartner report, Who's Who in Integration Platform as a Service, "What makes iPaaS [Integration Platform as a Service] so attractive for technology providers is not the current size of the market, but expectation of its growth. We expect iPaaS adoption to grow significantly during the next five years, as virtually all user organizations must integrate applications, and at least some of these applications are in the cloud. In fact, we expect that by 2017, two-thirds of all new integration flows will extend beyond the firewall."
New Cloud Automation Enhancements: Increasing Mobility and User Productivity
Natively integrated with Salesforce, Informatica Cloud Extend enables business users to create and deploy custom guides that automate Salesforce CRM processes and ensure that best practices are followed. Informatica Cloud Winter 2014 introduces new productivity features to Cloud Extend, including:
· Increased mobility - The Cloud Extend iPhone mobile app, previously available as a preview release, is now generally available. A new Cloud Extend Android mobile app is now available as a preview version.
· Simplified guide creation - Users can now easily create embedded sub-guides from within a parent guide that will use them, as well as quickly view and navigate to all guides that embed a particular sub-guide.
· Skip-able Automated Steps - Users are now able to use a "skip button" to sidestep any automated process steps (e.g., "Do you want to create a contact?") not specifically required for the task at hand.
Cloud TDM Enhancements: Safeguarding Sensitive Data in Cloud Application Sandboxes
Earlier this year, Informatica introduced a unique Informatica Cloud Data Masking service that reduces the risk of data breaches during application development and testing. Informatica Cloud Winter 2014 delivers enhancements in this increasingly important arena to help make development on the Force.com platform even more productive, including:
· Enabling developers to quickly select and mask related Salesforce objects and move them into the Salesforce sandbox for testing.
Cloud Data Quality Services: Control the Accuracy, Consistency and Completeness of Data
Informatica Cloud Data Quality Services enable organizations to take control of the accuracy, consistency and completeness of their data-driven operations with a low-cost, per-transaction subscription. These SOAP-based web services are easily consumed by any analytical or operational applications, or used as discreet data quality rules within any business process. Also pre-defined data quality rules standardize, cleanse, validate and enrich data for all industries. In addition, specific data quality rules for the healthcare and financial services verticals are also included in this release.
· "Informatica Cloud has already been embedded into Gainsight to aggregate data from several cloud applications in order to help our customers identify and reduce churn. With the radical improvements to Informatica Cloud's Connector SDK in this release, we will be able to offer even more targeted 'predictive alerts' and usage reports to help our customers increase retention in their client base."
Nick Mehta, chief executive officer, Gainsight
· "nCino's innovative Bank Operating System utilizes Informatica Cloud's integration templates in the cloud based solution. With the latest enhancements in Informatica Cloud Winter 2014 release, nCino will be able to better engineer complex integration use cases to help community banks and credit unions enhance relationships with their clients, reduce loan closing times, and increase revenues."
Pierre Naudé, chief executive officer, nCino
· "In the past, when it came to sharing information, you had to choose either data integration or process integration. We believe that a significant advantage in the Boundary-free Enterprise will go to vendors offering a unified approach in one comprehensive platform. Informatica recognizes that today's Cloud integration challenges span data, service and process tiers, across virtually any protocol or boundary," said Mike West, VP and Distinguished Analyst, Saugatuck Technology.
· "The real-time service and process integration capabilities delivered in Informatica Cloud Winter 2014 sets a new standard for Cloud integration platforms," said Juan Carlos Soto, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud Integration, Informatica. "The ability to seamlessly combine different types of cloud integration patterns within a unified platform helps customers unlock the full potential of their cloud applications."
Informatica Cloud Winter 2014 is generally available now.
Tweet this: News @InformaticaCorp #Cloud Drives Business & #DataIntegration Productivity in @infacloud Winter 14 http://bit.ly/1dZj7AD
· Informatica Cloud Winter 2014 Webinar, 9 a.m., PST, Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2013
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica to realize their information potential and drive top business imperatives. Informatica Vibe, the industry's first and only embeddable virtual data machine (VDM), powers the unique "Map Once. Deploy Anywhere." capabilities of the Informatica Platform. Worldwide, over 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets from devices to mobile to social to big data residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
 Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Note: Informatica, Informatica Cloud, Informatica Cloud Data Masking, Informatica Cloud Data Quality, Informatica Cloud Extend, Informatica Platform and Informatica Vibe are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Steve Bauer Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 4159 +1 650 670 7135 firstname.lastname@example.org