DALLAS, Nov. 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Officials representing Spaghetti Warehouse Restaurants Inc. today announced plans for a special charity event on Tuesday, Nov. 19th at its 15 locations across the U.S. - the purpose of which is to help feed 1,000 people in each of the 15 markets served by the restaurant chain.
The goal is to donate enough spaghetti (approximately 2,100 lbs.) to feed 15,000 people across the country. For every "Perfect Match Amore Combo" that is purchased on Tuesday, Nov. 19th, Spaghetti Warehouse will make a donation of spaghetti to a local food bank.
"On November 19th, we invite everyone to gather around our table at Spaghetti Warehouse, try our new Perfect Match Combos and help us reach our goal of feeding 1,000 people in each of the communities we're fortunate to serve," said Pete Van Gurp, vice president-operations, Spaghetti Warehouse Restaurants Inc.
For more than 40 years, Van Gurp says Spaghetti Warehouse has prided itself as a unique gathering place for family and friends to enjoy great tasting Italian food while celebrating special occasions and enjoying each other's company.
"Giving back to the community is something we have always prided ourselves on," added Van Gurp. "And, the opportunity to help others during the Thanksgiving season is an important part of that commitment." To reach the goal of feeding 1,000 people in each community, Spaghetti Warehouse expects to donate 140 pounds of spaghetti to each of the participating local food banks.
Among the food banks set to receive the donation include:
- Houston Food Bank - Houston, TX
- Mid-Ohio Foodbank - Columbus, OH
- The Dayton Food Bank - Dayton, OH
- Toledo Northwestern Food Bank - Toledo, OH
- Feeding America - Tampa Bay, FL
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank - Pittsburgh, PA
- Mid-South Food Bank - Memphis, TN
- Food Bank of Central New York - Syracuse, NY
- San Antonio Food Bank - San Antonio, TX
- Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma - Tulsa, OK
- Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma - Oklahoma City, OK
- Akron-Canton Regional Food Bank - Akron-Canton, OH
- North Texas Food Bank - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
- Tarrant County Food Bank - Fort Worth, TX
CONTACT: David Ayers (317) 502-8536 email@example.comSource:Spaghetti Warehouse