MIAMI, Nov. 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Descartes Systems Group (Nasdaq:DSGX) (TSX:DSG), the global leader in uniting logistics-intensive businesses in commerce, showcased a broad spectrum of United by Design partners and sponsors at Evolution 2013, Descartes' Global User & Partner Conference. ALK Technologies, Barcoding, ExtenData, HERE (formerly Nokia), Hybrid PayTech, INTTRA, KORE Telematics, Motorola Solutions, NetSuite, On Trac, SMC3, TomTom Business Solutions, Wavelink, Wyless and 3GTMS helped sponsor the conference held in Miami, Florida from November 12-14, 2013.
The Descartes United by Design Partner Program is designed to build alliances that help extend Descartes' solution reach and deliver complementary capabilities that drive additional value for customers. Notable joint solution innovations unveiled at Evolution 2013 included:
- Netsuite – Descartes' Route Planner On Demand™ leveraging NetSuite's Suite Cloud Platform to provide combined cloud-based ERP and last-mile delivery management;
- TomTom – Integration between TomTom WEBFLEET™ and Descartes Mobile™ for enhanced GPS-based vehicle tracking and smart navigation using real-time traffic information;
- Motorola Solutions – Certification of Descartes Mobile™ for the PSION EP-10 mobile device running Windows Mobile 6.5., which includes a new scanner interface that enables users to switch between linear scanning, image scanning and camera functions;
- Extendata – Descartes Mobium™ and Map Editor integration with Extendata's MobileConductor™ suite for visibility and control of the inventory on a truck for last mile delivery or route operations; and
- ALK Technologies – Descartes Transportation Manager™ integration with ALK's PC*MILER 27, an industry leading routing, mileage and mapping software solution.
"Evolution 2013 is a forum for Descartes users and partners to share knowledge and operational best practices that drive today's world-class supply chains," said Chris Varney, Vice President Global Alliances & Channels at Descartes. "We are excited to be able to collaboratively work with our United by Design Partners to unveil technology innovations that increase the value we deliver to our mutual customers."
More information about Descartes' United by Design Program is available at www.descartes.com/descartes/united-design.
Descartes (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Descartes has over 171,000 parties using its cloud based services. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world's largest, collaborative multi-modal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
This release contains forward-looking information within the meaning of applicable securities laws ("forward-looking statements") that relate to Descartes' solution offering and potential benefits derived therefrom; and other matters. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from the anticipated results, performance or achievements or developments expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to, the factors and assumptions discussed in the section entitled, "Certain Factors That May Affect Future Results" in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Ontario Securities Commission and other securities commissions across Canada. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance upon any such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date made. We do not undertake or accept any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements to reflect any change in our expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based.
CONTACT: Media Contact Mavi Silveira +1(800) 419-8495 ext. 202416 email@example.com
Source:Descartes Systems Group