MOSCOW, Nov. 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mechel OAO (NYSE:MTL), one of the leading Russian mining and metals companies, reports its participation in the 19th International Industrial Exhibition Metal-Expo' 2013, which was held at the All-Russia Exhibition Center in Moscow on November 12-15, 2013.
Mechel's corporate booth showcased the products of Chelyabinsk Metallurgical Plant, Urals Stampings Plant, Beloretsk Metallurgical Plant, Izhstal and Vyartsilya Metal Products Plant. As part of the exhibition, winners of various contests were awarded:
- Chelyabinsk Metallurgical Plant's universal rolling mill, launched in July 2013, won the Main Event in the Russian Steel Industry 2013 nomination.
- Mechel-Service OOO was acknowledged the best sales network by sales volume.
- Chelyabinsk Metallurgical Plant, Beloretsk Metallurgical Plant and Urals Stampings Plant won gold and silver medals for successful implementation of innovative projects and technologies.
- Chelyabinsk Metallurgical Plant won a silver medal for implementing an automated steel production planning and accounting system on SAP ERP platform.
- Mechel Group's corporate media won awards in the Best Corporate Media in the Steelmaking Industry of Russia and the CIS 2013 contest. Beloretsk Metallurgical Plant's Metallurg newspaper won the Best Steelmaking and Hardware Media nomination, while Mechel-Service's Steel Service magazine won the Best Steel Selling Media nomination. Our Mechel magazine was awarded as the Best Corporate Magazine.
- The book titled "Time. People. Steel", dedicated to Chelyabinsk Metallurgical Plant's 70th anniversary, won a special diploma "For Popularizing Steelmaking".
- Mechel-Steel Management Company was the laureate of the contest for best video products in the steelmaking industry of Russia and the CIS — Metal Vision 2013.
- Chelyabinsk Metallurgical Plant's Fyodor Shmidt and Beloretsk Metallurgical Plant's Maria Yakovleva won the first and third place respectively in the photo contest "People of the Fiery Profession".
The exhibition welcomed over 30,000 visitors from construction, engineering, fuel and energy, transport, logistics and steel trade industries. Over 50 conferences, seminars and round tables were held within the exhibition's framework.
Mechel is an international mining and steel company which employs over 80,000 people. Its products are marketed in Europe, Asia, North and South America, Africa. Mechel unites producers of coal, iron ore concentrate, steel, rolled products, ferroalloys, heat and electric power. All of its enterprises work in a single production chain, from raw materials to high value-added products.
Some of the information in this press release may contain projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of Mechel, as defined in the safe harbor provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. We wish to caution you that these statements are only predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. We do not intend to update these statements. We refer you to the documents Mechel files from time to time with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Form 20-F. These documents contain and identify important factors, including those contained in the section captioned "Risk Factors" and "Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements" in our Form 20-F, that could cause the actual results to differ materially from those contained in our projections or forward-looking statements, including, among others, the achievement of anticipated levels of profitability, growth, cost and synergy of our recent acquisitions, the impact of competitive pricing, the ability to obtain necessary regulatory approvals and licenses, the impact of developments in the Russian economic, political and legal environment, volatility in stock markets or in the price of our shares or ADRs, financial risk management and the impact of general business and global economic conditions.
CONTACT: Mechel OAO Ekaterina Videman Tel: + 7 495 221-88-88 Ekaterina.firstname.lastname@example.org