SAN DIEGO, Nov. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Specialty Health's Silver&Fit Exercise and Healthy Aging Program for Medicare eligible members was honored with key national awards in 2013 for excellence in communications.
The Silver&Fit marketing and public relations team garnered multiple Generation Awards, which recognize excellence in marketing and communications to older adults internationally. The awards received were:
- Platinum: Electronic/Social Media: www.facebook.com/silverandfit
- Platinum: Publications/Poster: "70 is the new 40" Silver&Fit poster
- Gold: Public Relations/Special Event: Carnegie Museum Silver&Fit social event
- Gold: Audio/Visual: Educational: Silver&Fit Healthy Aging DVD
- Gold: Newsletter: "The SilverSlate® Newsletter"
The American Business Awards, which honor the achievements and positive contributions of organizations and business people worldwide, recognized Silver&Fit with a Stevie® Award for:
- Silver: Communications/PR Campaign of the Year—Reputation/Brand Management: Silver&Fit Brand Building Campaign
The Healthcare Public Relations and Marketing Association (HPRMA) honored Silver&Fit with the following Golden Advocate awards:
- Silver: Silver&Fit Healthy Aging DVD & booklet
- Bronze: Silver&Fit Facebook page
HPRMA's Golden Advocate awards set the standard for communications excellence among Southern California healthcare professionals.
Other awards bestowed on Silver&Fit for communications excellence included:
Ragan Communication Awards:
- Honorable Mention: Best Use of Social Media: Silver&Fit YouTube Page and Video Contest
- Honorable Mention: Best Facebook Page: Silver&Fit
Healthcare Advertising Awards:
- Merit: Silver&Fit Facebook page
- Honorable Mention: Silver&Fit Healthy Aging DVD
About the Silver&Fit Program
The Silver&Fit program is an exercise and healthy aging program providing unique, evidence-based fitness and health education activities for Medicare beneficiaries and group retirees. Silver&Fit members have access to: no-cost or low-cost memberships at a participating, contracted fitness facility or exercise center, or to the Silver&Fit Home Exercise Program for those unable to participate at a fitness facility or who prefer to work out at home; SilverandFit.com, a website featuring health tools and resources specifically designed for older adults; The Silver Slate® quarterly newsletter; and a toll-free customer service hotline. Follow Silver&Fit on Twitter @SilverandFit, YouTube at www.youtube.com/silverandfit, Facebook at www.facebook.com/SilverandFit, Instagram @SilverandFit, and Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/silverandfit. The Silver&Fit program is a product of American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH).
About American Specialty Health
American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH) is one of the nation's premier independent and privately-owned specialty health services organizations, providing specialty health care networks and programs, fitness and exercise programs and population health solutions for health plans, insurance carriers and employer groups. Operating from offices in San Diego, CA, Southlake (Dallas), TX, Carmel (Indianapolis), IN and Columbia, SC, ASH has more than 1,100 employees and administers services for nearly 34 million members nationwide. Additional products offered through ASH and its subsidiaries include Healthyroads®, FitnessCoach™, Active&Fit®, ExerciseRewards™ and others. For more information, visit www.ashcompanies.com or call 800-848-3555. Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter at @ASHCompanies.
Source:American Specialty Health