OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Nov. 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Steve Edwards today became the new Chairman, President and CEO of Black & Veatch succeeding Len Rodman. The formal transition occurs as Rodman retires from Black & Veatch after 42 years with the company and 15 years as CEO. During his tenure, the company further positioned itself as a world leader in Critical Human Infrastructure™ solutions.
In April, Edwards was named Chief Operating Officer of Black & Veatch and to the company's top leadership position following a transition period concluding on November 27.
"During the transition process, Steve led the company's strategic planning initiative and the 2014 budgeting process. In addition, he met with clients, business partners and company professionals all over the world in preparation for his new role," Rodman said.
Edwards becomes the seventh person to serve in the top leadership position in the company's 98-year history.
"This is a great time for me and all our other professionals to be part of Black & Veatch and to live our company's Mission of Building a World of Difference," said Edwards. "Len has provided strong leadership during his tenure and I look forward to working with our professionals and clients in providing global energy, water, communications and security solutions."
Before becoming COO, Edwards was an Executive Vice President serving as Executive Director Global EPC for Black & Veatch's energy business. He has been a member of the company's Executive Committee since 2005 and a member of the Board of Directors since 2012.
In addition, Edwards is actively involved in community service programs. He is a member of the Jackson County CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Financial Committee. Edwards serves on the School of Computing and Engineering's Executive Council at the University of Missouri at Kansas City. He also is a 2013 Campaign Cabinet member for the United Way of Greater Kansas City.
- Edwards' career with Black & Veatch spans 35 years and includes experience in various engineering and management roles. He has been involved in projects in North America, Southeast Asia, Australia and most recently the Gulf Cooperation Council states and India.
- Edwards is a licensed Professional Engineer and he earned a Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, from the University of Missouri.
- Rodman was named President and CEO of Black & Veatch in August 1998 and was elected to the additional position of Chairman of the Board in January 2000. During his tenure as Chairman, President and CEO, he led several major initiatives. The first was the conversion from an 85-year-old partnership to a privately held C Corp with an un-leveraged ESOP. This transition led to a significant increase in the equity of the company and set in motion a process for employee ownership. Rodman also led the formation of a corporate transformation that included a complete change in the company's internal governance model. Black & Veatch now has a Board of Directors that has a majority of non-executive, independent directors combined with executive directors that lead major elements of the company.
- Please click here to download a high-resolution photograph of Steve Edwards: http://www.flickr.com/photos/black_veatch/11070015155/
- Please click here to download a high-resolution photograph of Len Rodman: http://www.flickr.com/photos/black_veatch/8614836530/in/photostream
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building Critical Human InfrastructureTM in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in over 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2012 were US$3.3 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and in social media.
CONTACT: Media Contact Information: GEORGE MINTER | + 1 913 458 8001 p | +1 913 972 8811 m | MinterGA@BV.com 24-HOUR MEDIA HOTLINE | +1 866 496 9149
Source:Black & Veatch Holding Company