SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pacific Green Technologies Inc. ("the Company") (OTCQB:PGTK) is pleased to announce the appointment of Chris Williams as Business Development Director of the Company.
A materials scientist by profession, Chris Williams has been engaged in waste to energy and biomass to energy projects since 1999 including:
- as part of the Olivine New Zealand Ltd. team, Chris helped secure planning and environmental permitting in 2001 for the world's first 120 MWe waste to water and energy facility in Kwinana, Perth, Western Australia;
- as the founder and Managing Director of Peterborough Renewable Energy Limited, in 2009 Chris successfully achieved planning permission for a 79MWe waste to energy power station at Peterborough, UK; and
- in 2013, Chris successfully achieved planning permission for the Company's proposed 49MWe biomass to energy plant at Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire, UK.
Chris's role will focus on generating value from the Company's existing technologies and identifying new renewable energy power plant opportunities for the Company.
Neil Carmichael, chief executive of the Company, commented: "I am delighted to welcome Chris to the board of the Company as Head of Business Development. He has wide knowledge of the renewable energy sector and has proven ability in identifying and permitting sites to develop renewable power stations, not least at Sutton Bridge. He will immediately get to work looking at opportunities to enhance value from our technologies and generating a pipeline of new power plants".
Chris Williams holds a degree in Material Science & Technology from the University of Brunel (1994). After several positions as a material scientist, Chris became a director of Olivine New Zealand Ltd. (2000-2006) where he played a key role in obtaining planning permission and environmental permits for their proposed 120MWe water to waste to energy facility at Kwinana, Perth, Australia. In 2002, he established Peterborough Renewable Energy Limited in the UK where he acted as Managing Director and was integral in successfully obtaining planning and environmental permits in respect of their proposed 79MWe waste to energy facility. He then led the team that successfully obtained planning for the Company's proposed 49MWe facility at Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire.
About Pacific Green Technologies, Inc.
Pacific Green Technologies Inc. is focussed on addressing the world's need for cleaner and more sustainable energy. PGT is divided into three divisions:
- the design, development, licensing and marketing of numerous types of technologies designed to improve the environment through clean energy use;
- the development of renewable power plants; and
- licensing its proprietary emission control technologies, ENVI-Clean™ and ENVI-Pure™, to power stations worldwide.
For more information, visit the Company's website:
CONTACT: Neil Carmichael, President and Director Pacific Green Technologies T: +1 (408) 538-3373Source:Pacific Green Technologies Inc.