NEW YORK, Dec. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- TG Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq:TGTX) today announced that the following abstracts for TGR-1202, the Company's PI3K delta inhibitor, have been selected for poster presentation at the upcoming 55th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology (ASH), to be held December 7 -10, 2013, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, LA:
* Title: A Phase I Dose Escalation Study of TGR-1202, a Novel PI3K-δ Inhibitor, For Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Hematologic Malignancies
- Abstract Number: 4373
- Session: 623. Lymphoma: Chemotherapy, excluding Pre-Clinical Models: Poster III
- Time and Location: Monday, December 9, 2013: 6:00 PM-8:00 PM
- Presenter: Michael Savona, MD and Manish Patel, MD
* Title: The PI3K-δ Inhibitor TGR-1202 in Combination with Brentuximab Vedotin (SGN-35) Synergistically Induces G2/M Phase Arrest and Cell Death Via Inhibition Of Tubulin Polymerization in Hodgkin Lymphoma Cell Lines
- Abstract Number: 1835
- Session: 625. Lymphoma: Pre-Clinical – Chemotherapy and Biologic Agents: Poster I
- Time and Location: Saturday, December 7, 2013: 5:30 PM-7:30 PM CT
- Presenter: Silvia Locatelli, PhD and Carmelo Carlo-Stella, MD
* Title: Combined Carfilzomib and Selective PI3K-δ Inhibition (TGR-1202) Results in Enhanced Myeloma Cell Apoptosis
- Abstract Number: 3224
- Session: 653. Myeloma: Therapy, excluding Transplantation: Poster II
- Time and Location: Sunday, December 8, 2013: 6:30 PM-8:30 PM CT
- Presenter: Claire Torre and Sagar Lonial, MD
* Title: The PI3K Delta Inhibitor TGR-1202 and Proteasome Inhibitor Carfilzomib are Highly Synergistic in Killing Human B- and T-Cell Lymphoma Cells
- Abstract Number: 4421
- Session: 625. Lymphoma: Pre-Clinical – Chemotherapy and Biologic Agents: Poster III
- Time and Location: Monday, December 9, 2013: 6:00 PM-8:00 PM CT
- Presenter: Changchun Deng, MD, PhD and Owen A. O'Connor, MD, PhD
A copy of the above referenced abstracts can be viewed online through the ASH meeting website at www.hematology.org.
ABOUT TG THERAPEUTICS, INC.
TG Therapeutics is an innovative, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the acquisition, development and commercialization of medically important pharmaceutical products for the treatment of cancer and other underserved therapeutic needs. Currently, the company is developing two therapies targeting hematological malignancies. TG-1101 (ublituximab) is a novel, glycoengineered monoclonal antibody that targets a specific and unique epitope on the CD20 antigen found on mature B-lymphocytes. TG Therapeutics is also developing TGR-1202, an orally available PI3K delta inhibitor. The delta isoform of PI3K is strongly expressed in cells of hematopoietic origin and is believed to be important in the proliferation and survival of B‐lymphocytes. Both TG-1101 and TGR-1202 are in clinical development for patients with hematologic malignancies. TG Therapeutics is headquartered in New York City.
Some of the statements included in this press release, particularly those anticipating future clinical trials and business prospects for TG-1101 and TGR-1202 may be forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. For those statements, we claim the protection of the safe harbor for forward-looking statements contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Among the factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially are the following: our ability to successfully and cost-effectively complete pre-clinical and clinical trials for TG-1101 and TGR-1202; the risk that pre-clinical and early clinical results that supported our decision to move forward with TG-1101 and TGR-1202 will not be reproduced in additional patients or in future studies; the risk that TGR-1202 will not produce satisfactory safety and efficacy results to warrant further development following completion of the current phase 1 study; the risk that the data (both safety and efficacy) from future clinical trials will not coincide with the data produced from prior pre-clinical and clinical trials; our ability to achieve the milestones we project over the next year; our ability to manage our cash in line with our projections, and other risk factors identified from time to time in our reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements set forth in this press release speak only as of the date of this press release. We do not undertake to update any of these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that occur after the date hereof. This press release and prior releases are available at www.tgtherapeutics.com. The information found on our website is not incorporated by reference into this press release and is included for reference purposes only.
CONTACT: Jenna Bosco Director- Investor Relations TG Therapeutics, Inc. Telephone: 212.554.4484 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:TG Therapeutics, Inc.