Cinnaminson, New Jersey, Dec. 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nancy Bray, the Chief Executive Officer of Shelby Mechanical, Inc. has been recognized as one of New Jersey's Top 25 Leading Women Entrepreneurs of 2013.
Chosen by the Leading Women Entrepreneurs Initiative, names of this year's honorees were announced on September 19, 2013 in a real-time Twitter press conference that reached over 5 million viewers. The LWEI annually chooses a group of business women in New Jersey who exhibit outstanding performance and achievement in business and economic innovation, community involvement, and advocacy for women. Ms. Bray was cited for excellence and leadership in each one of these areas.
As one of the founders and the Chief Executive Officer of Shelby Mechanical, Ms. Bray has helped to build Shelby into one of the most esteemed, fast growing and safest Mechanical Contractors in the Mid Atlantic region. Shelby carried out projects which require less than 100 man hours to projects that require as much as 100,000 hours for demanding entities including several Fortune 100 entities. In an industry where safety is of the utmost concern, Shelby Mechanical, Inc. has a perfect safety record since inception in 2007 which includes over one million man hours while capturing numerous safety national safety awards.
Shelby's services including boilermaking, millwrighting, ASME and National Board code welding, pipefitting, piping fabrication, electrical contracting and instrumentation and heavy rigging.
In 2013, Bray joins an esteemed list of fellow female entrepreneurs. According to LWEI data, this year's Top 25 together generate an estimated revenue in excess of $5 billion, employ tens of thousands, and support hundreds of non-profits and women's advocacy groups.
Susan Hogan, Corporate Member of this years Nomination Committee and Supplier Diversity Manager for Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. stated, "Nancy and all of our recipients should be proud of this prestigious award. These women show a high level of determination and dedication and have built solid companies that favorably impact the economy of our region. Nancy and Shelby Mechanical are incredible assets to our community."
The 2013 Top 25 Leading Women Entrepreneurs are listed alphabetically along with their company name and location:
· Lisa Ballarini of Montana Construction; Lodi
· Nancy Bray of Shelby Mechanical; Cinnaminson
· Elizabeth Corrigan of The Complete Package; Randolph
· Joan Cozzoli Rooney of Cozzoli Machine Company; Somerset
· Nathalie R. Doobin of HARVARD Services Group; Whippany
· Christiana Foglio of Community Investment Strategies; Lawrenceville
· Dr. Beverly Friedlander; Short Hills
· Amy Gonzales of AK Environmental; West Trenton
· Celine Greffard of OneCall Manage; Red Bank
· Eileen Huntington of Huntington Learning Centers; Oradell
· Lynne Katzman of Juniper Communities; Bloomfield,
· Poonam Khubani of Telebrands International; Fairfield
· Caryn Kopp of Kopp Consulting; Bedminster
· Thai Lee of SHI International Corp; Somerset
· Beatriz Manetta of Argent Associates; Edison
· Margaret Marcucci of Coranet; Westfield
· Elisabete Miranda of CQ fluency; Hackensack
· Christine Nichlos of People Science; Shrewsbury
· Katherine O'Hara of the O'Hara Project; Morristown
· Melissa Oliver of Star Bright Services; Rahway
· Sharon Olzerowicz of Hired By Matrix; Rochelle Park
· Tara Seager of Ally Solutions Group; Clinton
· Bari Weinberger of Weinberger Law Group; Parsippany
· Avis Yates Rivers of Technology Concepts Group; Somerset
· Jude Connolly Zimmerman; Kenilworth
On December 5, 2013, Ms. Bray was among the women recognized at the annual "Unleashing Your Power" at Fiddlers Elbow Country Club in Bedminster, NJ. A VIP cocktail reception for the media to meet the Top 25, including Ms.Bray, took place afterward.
Leading Women Entrepreneurs is a media and events company that recognizes outstanding women business owners. The mission is to create a sustainable, ongoing environment that brings leaders together to showcase their attributes and contributions.
A photo accompanying this release is available at:
CONTACT: If you would like to learn more about Shelby Mechanical's capabilities please visit www.shelbymechanical.com or call Vince Leusner at 856 665 4540. You may e-mail Shelby at VLeusner@ShelbyMechanical.com.
Source:Shelby Mechanical, Inc.