NEW YORK, Dec. 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- StyleCaster Media Group, the high-growth media and advertising technology company for fashion, beauty and women's lifestyle, has expanded its offerings by adding e-commerce to its progressive content, social media, and native advertising model.
Now available at StyleCaster.com, StyleCaster's click-to-purchase capabilities are available alongside the site's re-launch and re-design. The re-design features an all-new homepage that features the day's top stories alongside larger-than-life imagery—all curated by StyleCaster's winning team of editors, led by editor-in-chief Laurel Pinson.
What is new about StyleCaster's product:
-- The new design provides a completely immersive experience for the fashion and beauty consumer.
- Nonlinear hypertext, integrated with larger-than-life imagery, translates StyleCaster's premium editorial content into an all-engrossing destination for style.
- An even faster experience built on scalable & reliable content delivery networks
-- And most importantly, you can experience all of this on your mobile!
- The new StyleCaster's responsive design renders impeccably well on iPad and mobile devices of all sizes and formats. The experience is also touch-enabled.
"StyleCaster's new platform gives style enthusiasts access to an immersive user experience with unprecedented interaction," says Peter Tanapat, VP of Product at StyleCaster. "This launch reinforces our dedication to delivering the best fashion & beauty technology, whether online or mobile, wherever our users go."
What is new about StyleCaster's content:
-- StyleCaster's content is more king than ever before
- The new 'Entertainment' section will offer more robust coverage around TV, movies, and pop culture.
- The site will offer sub-categories and landing pages devoted to topics readers love—from street style to love & dating.
- StyleCaster's editors will deliver daily stories at a rate that's double that of early 2013.
-- And it's even more social!
- See the best of StyleCaster's Pinterest boards right on the homepage.
"While style remains the core of StyleCaster.com's coverage, our day-to-day stories now encompass a lot more than fashion," says Laurel Pinson, Editor in Chief of StyleCaster. "We're covering a wide range of issues that interest and engage our style-savvy audience—all of which are now much easier to navigate."
Where E-Commerce comes in:
-- You can buy what you try.
- Easier and more realistic than ever before, StyleCaster's Try On! Studio will continue to let you try on makeup, hairstyles and accessories. Now, you can purchase everything you're trying on with a simple click.
-- You can shop our editors' favorite things.
- StyleCaster's editors will divulge their picks on the homepage, and you can purchase those items then and there.
-- You can click to purchase through content.
- You can purchase the apparel and accessories you're reading about with the click of a button.
"The style space is ripe for a content-commerce solution," says Ari Goldberg, CEO and founder of StyleCaster. "We have been determined to close this loop since day one, so we could not be more thrilled to be the first publisher to provide advertisers and brands with both the technology and premium editorial content that will effectively help readers find their products through the buying decision process."
The Try On! Studio is StyleCaster's revamped iteration of Makeover Solutions, the leading facial recognition technology that the company acquired in October 2012. Since acquiring Makeover Solutions, StyleCaster has made the Try On! Studio available as a free, easily embeddable tool for publishers as well as a flexible, mobile, digital, and in-store tool for brands, advertisers and retailers.
The company has also created a number of new ad-tech solutions where brands can integrate the Try On! Studio within standard advertising units using Flite ad technology as well as other new implementations.
E-Commerce now serves as StyleCaster's third revenue stream, alongside the company's unique hybrid of Native and Display Advertising and its Makeover Solutions Advertising Technology partnerships.
About StyleCaster Media Group: StyleCaster is the high-growth media and ad-tech company that layers patented technology over premium editorial content to make fashion and beauty actionable for brands and consumers. Dedicated to bringing 'Style to the People,' StyleCaster has pioneered the digital landscape to help brands interact with consumers and coach them through the buying decision process. Through its expansive portfolio of content platforms – StyleCaster, Beauty High, The Vivant, and Daily Makeover - as well as its newly patented Try On! Technology Makeover Solutions, StyleCaster reaches more than 7 million unique monthly visitors and has partnered with more than 80 top-tier advertising partners since launch. The company was founded in 2009 and is based in New York City. For more information, please visit StyleCaster's corporate page at StyleCasterMediaGroup.com.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Meghan Cross Meghan.Cross@StyleCaster.com Director of Communications