BUFFALO GROVE, Ill., Dec. 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The holiday season is in full swing. Between gift giving and holiday parties, there are a lot of reasons to pull out pen and paper for a proper thank you. With technology, it is easy to send a quick email, Facebook post or tweet. A hand written thank you note is a more meaningful way to say thank you, but it may be overwhelming where to start.
The Stationery Studio (www.thestationerystudio.com) has put together five helpful tips to help make writing a thank you note easy this holiday season.
- Buy your stationery before the holiday season so you're ready. Pick stationery that reflects your personality. Outgoing? Try something bright and cheerful with fun prints. Traditional? Try something classic like letterpress stationery. There are so many beautiful options, there is something for every taste and style.
- Think about what you want to say before you start your thank you note and use proper salutations. Use meaningful words such as thoughtful, appreciate, cherish, thrilled, grateful, acknowledge, considerate, generous, etc.
- Did you go to a fabulous party? Thank the host for the great party and ask for the recipe for her amazing hors d'oeuvres or delicious cocktails. Receive a gift? Let the gift giver know how you plan to use the gift. If it's money, refer to the generosity and not the amount.
- Details! When stuck on what else to write, give as many details as possible. If someone gave you an ornament, you could say "I absolutely love the Santa ornament. It will look great on our tree this Christmas! It is a great addition to my collection."
- Don't delay. Write your thank you note as soon as possible. A rule of thumb is to send a thank you note within two weeks. However, it's better to send a late thank you note than none at all.
The Stationery Studio, LLC is the industry's leader in premier online personalized stationery and gifts. TheStationeryStudio.com features more than 17,000 products that have been featured frequently in national press outlets including "O" The Oprah Magazine, "In Style", "The Today Show", ABC-TVs "The View", "The Rachael Ray Show", Martha Stewart's Weddings, Real Simple and more.
For additional information, hi res images or products for editorial consideration, please contact Jennifer Raaths at 312.401.8460 or email@example.com.
Source:The Stationery Studio