BELLEVUE, Wash., Dec. 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- mCig, Inc. (OTCQB:MCIG) is pleased to provide its customers and investors with an update on the upcoming launch of the highly anticipated mCig 2.0. The company is pleased to report that preliminary and advanced testing has been successfully completed. The mCig 2.0 has now been cleared for mass production with an anticipated ship date of December 30 for customers who pre-ordered the mCig. Furthermore, we anticipate to be fulfilling all incoming orders by the first week of January 2014.
"We are extremely proud to present the mCig 2.0 which has been in development for nearly six months and was fast-tracked following the successful launch of the mCig 1.0. Originally the company had intended on releasing an improved mCig 1.0 that addressed some of the concerns voiced by our loyal customers. After careful deliberations, we decided that by concentrating our energies we could successfully advance one generation forward and launch a new and improved mCig (2.0)," said Mark Linkhorst, COO of mCig, Inc.
mCig 2.0 – The Bar Has Been Raised
- The new mCig carries a 360mAh Battery as opposed to 280mAh; we achieved this by engineering a wider albeit shorter battery. The entire mCig is actually 1/2 inch shorter than the original mCig making it more convenient to carry around.
- The LED light at the tip has been replaced by a proprietarily designed LED button/voltage control. By removing the LED at the tip, the new mCig provides more privacy allowing users to enjoy the mCig without attracting as much attention. The LED button lights up when turning the mCig on, when choosing a desired heating voltage, and when pressed down to heat up the plant material.
- Variable Heat Settings – 3.3, 3.5, 3.7 volts. By controlling the heat settings the mCig is better suited for personalized wax and dry leaf heating. Users can easily switch between the two and achieve the desired setting based on personal preference.
- Silicon Heat Shield – Some previous users of the mCig complained about overheating. We solved this issue by including a silicon heat protector between the mCig battery and the heating chamber.
- Wider Heating Chamber – The single most important improvement comes in the form of the heating chamber. The previous mCig version had a thin heating chamber causing clogs which resulted in users having trouble cleaning out plant material after use. In some cases this led to users breaking the heating coil by being overly aggressive. We have solved this issue by widening the heating chamber. This allows for much more room when packing plant material and when cleaning after use. More importantly, the wider heating chamber allows for the insertion of a separately sold glass chamber. By utilizing the glass chamber mCig users will be getting a 100% true vaporizing experience which will require a longer heat up time. Other benefits include quick and easy cleaning as no plant material touches the heating coil. The wider chamber adapts easily for rapid-reload chambers for users on the go, who need a drop in/drop out reload.
- Horizontal Heating Coil – We completely re-engineered the heating coil with it being inlaid horizontally. When packing plant material directly there will be less risk of damage given that the internal architecture will not create pressure blocks. Internal testing has shown that heated plant material falls out easily after use, requiring less manual cleaning.
- Thicker Silicon Mouthpiece – The new mouthpiece is thicker and wider, allowing for more airflow while protecting from overheating.
The new mCig is designed for two types of users:
- The professional or advanced user who will most probably elect for a true vaporizing experience, requiring the glass insert. This experience will require a higher voltage and longer heat up time (20-40 seconds) but will provide a classic vaporizing experience achieved at an unrivaled price point.
- The recreational user who enjoys the unique mCig heating experience. This can be experienced by inserting the dry leaf, wax, or herbs directly into the heating chamber just like the previous mCig version and using any heat setting requiring as little as 3 seconds and as long as 10 seconds to heat up.
All of these features are packed into one device that will retail for only $10. Domestic Shipping & Handling starts at $2.99. Canadian Shipping is $6.99, and International Shipping for up to 8 devices is $10. Order an mCig today by visiting: www.mCig.org/buy-online/
"As our loyal customers can see, we have put a lot of time, effort, and thought into developing what we believe will be the industry standard herbal electronic cigarette. We sincerely apologize to those customers who have been patiently waiting for their replacement mCig or customers with pre-orders which we greatly appreciate. We promise to satisfy you expeditiously and with priority. We want to ensure you are satisfied with our products and our company. Thank you for your continued support and loyalty," said Paul Rosenberg, CEO of mCig, Inc.
New photos and videos of the mCig 2.0 will be uploaded over the course of the next few weeks.
About mCig, Inc.
mCig, Inc. (OTCBB:MCIG) is a technology company focused on two long-term secular trends sweeping the globe: (1) The decriminalization and legalization of marijuana for medicinal or recreational purposes (2) The adoption of electronic vaporizing cigarettes (commonly known as "eCigs") by the world's 1.2 Billion smokers. The company has developed the mCig – a purpose built loose leaf eCig retailing at only $10. Designed in the USA – the mCig provides a superior smoking experience by heating plant material, waxes, and oils delivering a smoother inhalation experience. See more at: http://www.mcig.org/
The company believes that a well regulated marijuana industry is emerging as more states follow the lead of Washington and Colorado in legalizing marijuana. A similar trend is developing within the eCig industry following the first acquisition of an electronic cigarette brand (Blucigs) by a traditional tobacco company Lorillard Inc. for $135 million. Wells Fargo analyst Bonnie Herzog estimates that eCig sales may rise from $1 Billion in 2013 to $10 billion over the next three years.
mCig, Inc. (OTCBB:MCIG) has positioned itself as a first mover at the intersection of these two trends and hopes to create shareholder value by making the mCig one of the leading choices for electronic consumption of plant material. - See more at: http://www.mcig.org/investors/investor-opportunity-subpage/
Safe Harbor Statement
Any statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on current expectations, but are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. The factors that could cause actual future results to differ materially from current expectations include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties relating to the Company's ability to develop, market and sell products based on its technology; the expected benefits and efficacy of the Company's products and technology; the availability of substantial additional funding for the Company to continue its operations and to conduct research and development, and future product commercialization; and the Company's business, research, product development, regulatory approval, marketing and distribution plans and strategies.
CONTACT: Paul Rosenberg CEO (425)462-4219Source:mCig, Inc.