- President & CEO Hans Vestberg to join the FutureCast Global Innovation of Mobile keynote panel
- Press briefing with Ericsson and Volvo Cars on January 7, 2.30 pm for the world-premiere of Volvo Cars' Sensus Connect
- Ericsson exhibiting at Las Vegas Convention Center, Central Hall, Booth #13638
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Jan. 3, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- At 2014 International CES, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) will demonstrate the experience of "Living Life in the Networked Society." Visitors to the Ericsson booth will see how different aspects of an everyday connected life are seamlessly stitched together, allowing each of us to share experiences with family, friends and colleagues - no matter where we are and how we are connected.
Ericsson President and CEO Hans Vestberg will participate in the "FutureCast Global Innovation of Mobile" keynote panel on Tuesday, January 7 at 11:30 am. The session will be moderated by Andrew Keen, host of "Keen On" from TechCrunch TV.
The keynote panel will explore how mobile technology is driving change in critical areas such as disruptive innovation, smart cities, transportation, healthcare and the workplace. Joining Vestberg on the panel will be John Donovan, Senior Executive Vice President for Technology and Network Operations, AT&T and Dr. Paul E. Jacobs, Chairman and CEO, Qualcomm.
Also, Ericsson and Volvo Cars will host a media event to debut the world-premiere of "Volvo Cars' Sensus Connect", built on Ericsson's Connected Vehicle Cloud. Sensus Connect is Volvo's onboard experience combining connected services, infotainment, navigation and audio. Sensus Connect also offers the world's first car to infrastructure communication feature "Park & Pay" and the US launch of 'Volvo on Call' one of the most comprehensive and global telematics solutions allowing the car to be connected.
The press briefing will be held in the Ericsson booth at the Las Vegas Convention Center (Central Hall, Booth #13638) on Tuesday, January 7 at 2:30 pm.
Ericsson speakers will join in executive panels throughout CES including:
- Senior Vice President and Head of Business Unit Support Solution Per Borgklint at the Fierce Wireless Executive Breakfast: Who Will Pay for the Connected Car? (Encore Hotel, Beethoven 2, Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 7:30 - 8:30 am,)
- Chief Marketing Officer Arun Bhikshesvaran will speak during the CES session WiFi to NFC: What's Next for Wireless Technology (Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall N261, Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 11 am - 12 pm).
Highlights of the Ericsson booth will include demonstrations on:
- World-premiere of the Volvo Sensus connect on a full-size Volvo XC60, built on Ericsson's Connected Vehicle Cloud
- The Connected Paper which determines a unique identity from printed electronics and uses the human body as the "wire" to transfer it into services in a smartphone attached to the network
- Toll Free Data, powered by Ericsson's Multi Service Proxy (MSP) solution, allows cost to be off-set by (for example) content suppliers This will allow a broader reach for mobile and ultimately provide richer experience for more users
- Ericsson will display in-suite ordering functionality enabled by a joint Ziosk and Ericsson solution, which allows food, beverages, and merchandise to be purchased from and delivered to luxury arena suites
Summary of Ericsson activities at CES:
FutureCast Global Innovation of Mobile keynote panel
Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall N255
Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 11:30am - 12:20pm
- Hans Vestberg, President & CEO, Ericsson
- John Donovan, Senior Executive President, AT&T Technology and Network Operations
- Dr. Paul E. Jacobs, Chairman & CEO, Qualcomm
Ericsson and Volvo Cars Press Briefing
Las Vegas Convention Center, Central Hall Booth #13638
Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 2.30pm
- Per Borgklint, Senior Vice President Ericsson and Head of Business Unit Support Solutions
- Klas Bendrik, Vice President & Group CIO, Volvo Car Group
Fierce Wireless Executive Breakfast: Who Will Pay for the Connected Car?
Encore Hotel, Beethoven 2
Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 7:30 - 8:30am
Ericsson speaker: Per Borgklint, Senior Vice President Ericsson and Head of Business Unit Support Solutions
CES Session: WiFi to NFC: What's Next for Wireless Technology
Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall N261
Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 11am - 12pm
Ericsson speaker: Arun Bhikshesvaran, Chief Marketing Officer, Ericsson
Broadband Unlimited Conference
Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, N256
Monday, January 6, 2014, 11 - 11:30am
Ericsson speaker for keynote address: Vish Nandlall, CTO, Head of Strategy and Marketing, Ericsson North America
Visit Ericsson at 2014 International CES
Las Vegas Convention Center
Central Hall, Booth #13638
Tuesday to Friday, January 7-10, 2014
Interviews with Ericsson
For interviews with executives and specialists during the event (Jan 7-10), please contact Ericsson Corporate Communications at Media Relations.
Ericsson Experience Zones
At CES, Ericsson will display five key experience zones attendees to journey through, allowing them to experience "Living Life in the Networked Society."
Visitors to the Mobile Life zone will explore the connected vehicle, telematics and a personalized package delivery based on location and authentication. The street area will showcase small cell solutions for an urban environment, LTE Broadcast, VoLTE-based communications and interactive billboard advertising.
Just as mobility changed the idea that a phone number was a place, the Working Life zone will show how users experience their new work place as the office, home, café or even a park bench. Productivity is no longer a desk in an office, but is now any connected place. Solutions in this zone will include WebRTC collaboration, cloud tools, VoLTE-based communication capabilities, M2M management systems and in-building CPE and managed network solutions.
The Game Life zone will replicate a basketball arena with bleachers, large video screens and its own basketball court. The solutions in this zone will include VoLTE-based communications capabilities, cloud based services for food, tickets upgrades and merchandise, WiFi-LTE handover solutions, advertising solutions and key infrastructure devices for high capacity coverage.
Technology brings new opportunities to stay connected. Connect and communicate with your home - appliances, devices and tools - to enrich your personal life. Personalized content - music, video, books, gaming, TV, social media - that goes with you wherever you are, delivered with the best quality. The Home Life zone will showcase the next-generation TV experience, a virtual home gateway, VoLTE collaboration tools, cloud gaming, media management and wellness solutions.
The Imagine Life zone will focus on visionary solutions that will soon impact how we use
communications platforms and how we will interact with them. The solutions will include interactive media, touch based communications, window based solutions, and concepts to use existing communications systems to augment weather forecasting.
NOTES TO EDITORS
Download high-resolution photos and broadcast-quality video at www.ericsson.com/press
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of communications technology and services. We are enabling the Networked Society with efficient real-time solutions that allow us all to study, work and live our lives more freely, in sustainable societies around the world.
Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. Today 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic goes through Ericsson networks and we support customers' networks servicing more than 2.5 billion subscriptions.
We are more than 110,000 people working with customers in more than 180 countries. Founded in 1876, Ericsson is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. In 2012 the company's net sales were SEK 227.8 billion (USD 33.8 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX, Stockholm and NASDAQ, New York stock exchanges.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Ericsson Corporate Communications
Phone: +46 10 719 69 92
Ericsson Investor Relations
Phone: +46 10 719 00 00
Ericsson at CES press release http://hugin.info/1061/R/1752568/590898.pdf