GETTYSBURG, Pa., Jan. 7, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OPEN MINDS has created a partnership with San Diego-based Mental Health Systems (MHS) to launch the annual California Planning & Performance Management Institute. The 2014 OPEN MINDS California Planning & Performance Management Institute will take place August 20-21, 2014 at the Marriott Mission Valley in San Diego, California.
The institute is designed for the leadership teams of payer and provider organizations serving consumers with complex needs, including organizations focused on mental health and addiction treatment; chronic disease management; child welfare, family preservation, and juvenile justice; disability supports, home/community-based services, and long-term care; social services; and adult corrections.
"In the nearly four years since the passage of PPACA, we've seen health and human service markets in the U.S. become increasingly unique. Every state is taking its own approach to serving high-cost complex consumers – from Medicaid expansion, managed care, health insurance exchanges, to coverage of the dual eligible. While the best practices in each market are constant, their application is markedly different," said OPEN MINDS' Chief Executive Officer, Monica E. Oss. "Our 2014 institute is designed with two distinct components – a track focused on the best practices that are shaping health and human services across the globe and a track highlighting how those best practices are applied successfully in a changing California market. With our partner, Mental Health Systems, we are bringing our participants the best of cutting-edge business practices and the deep knowledge of how to apply those practices in California."
The 2014 OPEN MINDS California Planning & Performance Management Institute is the only executive event focused on helping leadership teams to position and prepare their organization to succeed in a changing health and human service market. This exciting event is designed to give organizations all the skills they need for effective positioning. Institute attendees will learn how to:
- Develop the administrative competencies organizations need to succeed with care management models
- Grow the management competencies (and infrastructure) organizations need to accept value-based payment
- Create service program models for financial sustainability in new environment
Led by OPEN MINDS' expert consulting team and invited industry thought leaders, institute will consist of two days of expert-led panels, executive intelligence briefings, case study examples, and training-focused workshops. Agenda highlights include:
- The OPEN MINDS Guide To Strategic Planning: How To Find The Right Path For Your Organization In A Turbulent Market
- Measurement & Reporting From The Payer Perspective: Trends In Performance Requirements Among HMOs, MBHOs, ACOs, States & Counties
- Surviving & Thriving With P4P: A Look At Performance-Based Contracting With Provider Organizations In The Field
- New Service Line Development From A To Z: Tips, Tricks & Advice From The Experts
- What Keeps You Up At Night? The CEO Role In Improving Organization Performance
- Best Practices In Maximizing The Value Of Your Team: How To Measure & Manage Clinical Staff Productivity
- Making The Most Of Your Performance Data With Metrics-Based Management
- Marketing Your Organization For Success: Essential Elements For Every Marketing Plan
Discounted registration for The 2014 OPEN MINDS California Planning & Performance Management Institute is now available to executives of health and human service organizations. Promotional rates are as follows:
- Individual Registrations For $495 (A Savings Of $300)
- 3-Person 'Group' Registrations For $990 (A Savings Of $1,395)
- 6-Person 'Group Registrations For $1,800 (A Savings Of $2,970)
More information on The 2014 OPEN MINDS California Planning & Performance Management Institute can be found online at: www.openminds.com/ca2014.
Mental Health Systems is a non-profit agency founded in 1978 to improve the lives of individuals, families and communities facing substance abuse and behavioral health challenges. Toward this end, they provide mental health and drug and alcohol rehabilitation services in an innovative and cost-effective manner. Learn more at www.mhsinc.org.
OPEN MINDS is a national health and human service industry market intelligence and management consultation firm. Founded in 1987 and based in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the 75+ associates provide innovative management solutions designed to improve operational and strategic performance. Learn more at www.openminds.com.
For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS at 717-334-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT: Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS 717-334-1329 or email@example.com
Source: Open Minds