HOUSTON, Jan. 8, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The 6th Annual Australian American Chamber Energy Conference will be January 30, 2014 at the Hilton Post Oak in Houston, Texas. Activities extend to January 29 and 31 to further discussions and give participants more chance to network. Last year's conference attracted over 300 attendees. With current opportunities in Australia, the AACC-Houston anticipates the 2014 conference will be the largest event, so far. The conference is part of Australia Week, which celebrates the country's economics and culture as well as the great friendship with the United States. Australia Week runs January 26 - February 1.
The theme, "Challenge Equals Opportunity" will be a platform to examine subjects which affect investment decisions such as fiscal policies, project execution, emerging technologies, and gas monetization options.
- Melody Meyer, President, Asia Pacific Exploration and Production Company, Chevron
- Joe Marushack, President, Asia Pacific and Middle East, ConocoPhillips
- Grant Willis, Global Head Natural Resources, Commonwealth Bank
Executive Roundtable Speakers
- The Hon. Kim Beazley, AC, Australian Ambassador to the United States
- Rod Eichler, Executive Advisor to the Chairman, Apache
- Tim Probert, Strategic Advisor to the CEO, Halliburton
- Steve Pastor, Asset President – Conventional, BHP Billiton
Notable Session Speakers
- Catherine Tanna, Chairman, BG Australia: Delivering Australia's first CSG-LNG Project
- David Banks, General Manager Eagle Ford, BHP Billiton: Ramping Up the Eagle Ford
- Mike Bahorich, EVP & Chief Technology Officer, Apache: Overcoming Challenges with E &P Technologies
- Barry Goldstein, Executive Director, South Australian Government Department of Energy and Resources: Update on the Cooper/Eromanga Basin Oil & Unconventional Plays
- Simon Bittleston, PhD, Vice President, Schlumberger: Innovation Inspired By a Global Network
- Ken Medlock, III, PhD, Senior Director, Energy, James A. Baker Institute, Rice University: The Global Impact of US LNG Exports
Half-day Workshop, January 31
The Hon. Kim Beazley, AC, Australian Ambassador to the United States, will give the keynote address to launch Australia Means Opportunities – Investing in Australia's Energy Sector, a half-day workshop on January 31.
View the full workshop agenda.
Icebreaker - January 29, 5:30 p. m. - 7:30 p.m. Closing Reception January 30, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Both events will be at the Hilton Post Oak.
A golf tournament on January 31 will benefit Project Joy & Hope, which strives to prevent and relieve suffering for children with life-limiting conditions.
Registration and Sponsorship/Exhibitor Opportunities
Registration is open for the conference, workshop, and golf tournament.
Conference Sponsorship and Exhibitor opportunities are available, but are limited.
About the Australian American Chamber of Commerce-Houston
The AACC-Houston is committed to fostering business relations and promoting cross cultural understanding between Australia and the United States, and enhancing the quality of life of Australian expatriates in the Houston area. Complete details about the chamber are available at www.aacc-houston.org.
CONTACT: Lynn Ellis eEvents Group 713.532.6907 Mobile 281.844.6613 email@example.comSource:Australian American Chamber of Commerce Houston