NEW YORK, Jan. 14, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ALM's LegalTech New York 2014, the largest and most prestigious legal technology event in the world, will feature 21 educational tracks and a variety of sessions focused on the most pressing technology challenges confronting the legal profession when it convenes from Feb. 4-6, 2014, at The Hilton New York in midtown Manhattan.
The event is expected to attract nearly 13,000 attendees and will feature more than 330 exhibit booths offering a wide range of legal technology products and services. For a complete conference agenda, exhibitor list and other details, visit www.legaltechshow.com.
The keynote presentations and plenary sessions for all three days are open to all event attendees. The scheduled keynotes are designed to provoke thought and discussion around three timely subjects in the industry:
- February 4th: "TOR, Bitcoin, Silk Road and the Anonymous Web: Drugs, Bombs and Murder-for-Hire" (presented by Jason Thomas of Thomson Reuters; sponsored by Thomson Reuters)
- February 5th: "The Judges' Panel" (moderated by Craig Ball, eDiscovery Special Master, special guest panelists: Judges Lee Rosenthal, Shira Scheindlin, John Facciola, James Francis and Andrew Peck)
- February 6th: "Privacy and Security" roundtable (moderated by Monica Bay of Law Technology News, panelists: Cullen Hoback of Hyrax Films; Trevor Hughes of the International Association of Privacy Professionals; and Donna Payne of PayneGroup; sponsored by PayneGroup)
The plenary sessions will also surface a number of emerging topics for legal technology professionals:
- February 4th: "Disrupt for Lawyers: Think the Unthinkable to Spark Transformation in the Legal Industry" (presented by Luke Williams, international bestselling author of Disrupt: Think the Unthinkable to Spark Transformation in Your Business; sponsored by discover ready)
- February 5th: "eDiscovery without the Strings Attached: How the Cloud will Change eDiscovery in 2014 and Beyond" (moderated by George Tziahanas of HP Autonomy, panelists: Timothy Carroll of Perkins Coie LLP; Alan M. Winchester of Harris Beach PLLC; and Gareth Evans, Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP; sponsored by HP Autonomy)
- February 6th: "Ripped from the Headlines: Cautionary Tales from the Annals of Data Privacy" (presented by Dori Anne Kuchinsky of W. R. Grace & Co; Al Raymond, CIPP/US, CISSP, of TD Bank; and Monique Altheim, Esq., CIPP/US/E, of The Law Office of Monique Altheim)
This year's show will also offer a free half-day clinic on February 6th. The special session will be a unique opportunity for digital forensics experts interested in becoming a Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFP). The clinic will be taught by an (ISC)² Authorized Instructor and will provide digital forensics professionals with an understanding of the CCFP credential, career benefits for credential holders and the overall exam process.
LegalTech New York 2014 features concurrent tracks of educational programming across all three days, as well as daily "emerging technology" sessions and "super sessions" open to everyone. Attendees are eligible to earn up to 16.5 CLE credits, including as many as 3.5 ethics credits, over the course of the show.
LegalTech is presented by ALM Events, a leading producer of educational and networking events for business leaders and professionals. Other ALM events include ALM Legal Conferences, Insight Information Conferences and the RealShare Conference series for commercial real estate professionals.
ALM, an integrated media company, is a leading provider of specialized business news, research and information, focused primarily on the legal and commercial real estate sectors. ALM's market-leading brands include The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, GlobeSt.com, Insight Conferences, Law.com, Law Journal Press, Law Technology News, LegalTech, The National Law Journal and Real Estate Forum. Headquartered in New York City, ALM was formed in 1997. For more information, visit www.alm.com.
ALM, The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, GlobeSt.com, Insight Conferences, Law.com, Law Journal Press, Law Technology News, LegalTech, The National Law Journal and Real Estate Forum are trademarks or registered trademarks of ALM Media Properties, LLC.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Daryn Teague Teague Communications 661.297.5292 or firstname.lastname@example.org