WATERTOWN, Mass., Jan. 15, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- athenahealth, Inc. (Nasdaq:ATHN), a leading provider of cloud-based services for electronic health record (EHR), practice management, and care coordination, today announced the complete roster of the athenahealth Marketplace Class of 2013. With 21 health care IT (HIT) and workflow efficiency companies' solutions now available, the athenahealth Marketplace offers a shopping-like experience for the users of athenahealth's cloud-based services, a growing national network of more than 47,000 providers.
"There is tremendous demand amongst care providers to implement high-quality technology and workflow solutions at competitive prices, but it is nearly impossible for them to evaluate the countless solutions in the market," said Kyle Armbrester, vice president of Business Development. "We identify and connect value-add partners who can help the tens of thousands of providers who are plugged into the athenahealth cloud network work smarter and better, and we make integration into our cloud-based services seamless."
The athenahealth Marketplace is a one-stop shop for HIT and workflow efficiency solutions that integrate directly into athenahealth's cloud-based services. The athenahealth Marketplace simplifies the selection, or "shopping," process and streamlines integration, and all offerings featured in the athenahealth Marketplace help to optimize performance. For example, workflow management company Entrada has reduced documentation time for physicians, increasing efficiency during the physician-patient encounter, meaning doctors can spend more time with the patient rather than spending time documenting the visit. Another athenahealth Marketplace company, appointment scheduling firm iTriage, has increased schedule density, filling up the empty slots in a physician's calendar to make the most of days in the office.
The capabilities found in the athenahealth Marketplace have been built out based on demand from the provider community, along with thoughtful problem solving for which the provider community has not yet turned to technology. Following are details on each capability group:
- IOD: Prepares practices for ICD-10 with online learning, community collaboration, and real-world practice platforms
- Optum: Prepares practices for ICD-10 with customized, comprehensive education and training resources
- pMD: Makes it possible for doctors to enter billing charges and communicate securely using mobile devices
- Precyse: Lets practices learn from more than 150 ICD-10 prep courses, encompassing ICD-10 awareness, coding, documentation, and billing
Transcription & Speech-to-Text
- Entrada Digital Dictation & Real-Time Speech-to-Text: Protects physician productivity with an easy way to document clinical information; converts speech to text instantly in the cloud, with easy self-editing and seamless EHR integration
- InHealth: Improves documentation efficiency, regardless of a practice's electronic medical record (EMR) use duration
- M*Modal Fluency Direct™: Increases medical documentation efficiency with EHR-integrated spoken word dictation
Scheduling & Communication
- Demandforce: Increases patient engagement with automated online marketing and messaging
- iTriage: Helps practices attract new patients and enhance patient satisfaction with integrated mobile and online appointment booking
Printing & Medical Website Design
- Medical Web Experts: Promotes practices with a custom website built to suit specific needs and drives use of your patient portal
- Practis Website Program: Strengthens practices' online presence with a robust website, content management capabilities, and analytic tools
- Vistaprint: Produces marketing collateral for patients using a one-stop online print shop
- WebToMed: Improves practices' online presence with website development services and a comprehensive media marketing program
Medical Record Requests
- 5 O'Clock Records: Helps practices get paid for fulfilling medical record requests, with far less office work required
- Chartswap:Enables the efficient receipt and fulfillment of third-party record requests, helping physicians reduce the labor, materials, and postage involved in releasing records and eliminating vendor phone calls and status checks
- Experian Healthcare: Valuates and audits payer reimbursements with accuracy
- NHXS: Takes advantage of robust reimbursement intelligence to analyze payer agreements
- ELLKAY (Data Conversion): Extracts and converts legacy clinical data simply and securely
- Press Ganey (Patient Surveys): Helps practices succeed with Pay-for-Performance (P4P) programs by using patient surveys to prepare for CGCAHPS
- Transworld (Collections): Simplifies recovery of more profit at reduced billing costs
All solutions featured within the athenahealth Marketplace have been pilot-tested across care environments, as part of the athenahealth workflow, and by More Disruption Please (MDP).MDP is athenahealth's partnership and innovation program aimed at launching a massive surge of disruptive innovation in health care. In addition to working with HIT startups, MDP also benefits from the involvement of companies that build connections—APIs—that facilitate the critical collaboration between disruptors.
For more information on MDP and partnership opportunities and to explore the athenahealth Marketplace, please visit www.athenahealth.com/disruption.
About athenahealth, Inc.
athenahealth is a leading provider of cloud-based services for electronic health record (EHR), practice management, and care coordination. athenahealth's mission is to be caregivers' most trusted service, helping them do well doing the right thing. For more information, please visit www.athenahealth.com.
Source: athenahealth, Inc.