HOUSTON, TEXAS, Jan. 15, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As the conference date nears, more than a dozen top industry decision makers are slated to speak at Hart Energy's 2nd DUG Midcontinent conference and exhibition. The event, scheduled for March 2- 4, will be housed at the Cox Business Center (formerly the Tulsa Convention Center) in Tulsa, Oklahoma, to accommodate a larger crowd after a successful inaugural conference.
The introductory keynote speaker, Rob Johnston, leads one of the top operators in the Midcontinent -Apache Corporation - as its Executive Vice President and Region Vice President, Central Region. He will share with attendees why the region's resource plays are so attractive and profitable. As a long-time Midcontinent player, Apache holds 2 million gross acres in its central region, and has nearly doubled its activity level annually for the past four years.
In an Operator Spotlight presentation, the Midcontinent VP for Midstates Petroleum, Tom Thiele, will offer his perspective on the company's activity in its Anadarko Basin and Mississippi Lime plays. Midstates Petroleum is a leading Midcontinent producer and is earning solid returns on its acres in the Texas Panhandle and Oklahoma.
Other speakers confirmed to date include:
- Tom Petrie, Chairman, Petrie Partners LLC
- Mike McConnell, President, Jones Energy
- Steve Antry, Chairman and CEO, Eagle Energy Exploration LLC
- Donald Burdick, VP, Geology, Panther Energy Co. II LLC
- Richard Lane, President and CEO, Vitruvian Exploration II LLC
- Col. Michael Teague, Secretary, Energy and Environment, State of Oklahoma
- Dana L. Murphy, Commissioner, Oklahoma Corporation Commission
- Craig Lande, Managing Director, RBC Richardson Barr
- Bernie Colson, Managing Director, Oppenheimer & Co.
- Richard Bradsby, VP, Midcontinent Business Unit, DCP Midstream
- Valerie Mitchell, GM, Midcontinent Business Unit, Newfield Exploration Co.
- Stan Rogers, VP, Commercial Refined Products/Terminals, Magellan Midstream Partners LP
- Bill Ward, VP, Gas Supply and Business Development, Superior Pipeline Co.
- Carl Vandervoort, Vice President, Geology, Eagle Energy Exploration LLC
- Mark Agee, VP, Emerging Fuels Technology
- Edith Newton Wilson, Ph.D., Owner, Rock Whisperer LLC and Research Associate, Dept. of Geosciences, University of Tulsa
- Evan Anderson, Co-Founder, Oseberg LLC
- Gibson Scott, CFA, Director, Energy Research, ITG
- Mark Parker, Sr. Business Technical Manager, Midcontinent, Halliburton
Participants can register early for a reduced rate. Attend to see why the DUG conference series is the largest unconventional resources events in the world. To view the agenda, visit dugmidcontinent.com/dugmc-confagenda.
About Hart Energy
For 40 years, Hart Energy editors and experts have delivered market-leading insights to investors and energy industry professionals. The Houston-based company produces magazines (such as Oil and Gas Investor, E &P and Midstream Business); online news and data services; industry conferences (like the DUG™ series); GIS data sets and mapping solutions; and a range of research and consulting services. For information, visit hartenergy.com.
CONTACT: Stephanie Palmer email@example.com tel +1.713.260.4616
Source: Hart Energy