NEW DELHI, India, Jan. 20, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 22nd Convergence India 2014 Conference -- Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR), a world leader in semiconductor solutions for the connected home, announced today the availability of its award-winning c.LINK® Broadband Access products for the India Pay-TV market. Entropic will have its Broadband Access products on display at the 22nd Convergence India 2014 Conference, held in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, from January 21-23, 2014.
Entropic's c.LINK technology is comprised of the EN3511 Network Controller (NC) and the EN3530 Client Premise Equipment (CPE), and utilizes the existing in-home/in-building coaxial infrastructure (Ethernet-over-Coax) to provide IP data without the need to add any new wires throughout the home. Additionally, the Entropic Broadband Access solution enables Pay-TV operators in India the ability to distribute and scale their IP-based architectures on an as-needed basis; allowing for a low initial deployment cost and incremental investment only when desired.
"Entropic's mature Broadband Access solutions answer the need for high-performance, cost-effective access technology for multiple dwelling units in India," said Roger Gregory, vice president, Marketing, Entropic. "Our c.LINK Broadband Access solution is an ideal solution to satisfy bandwidth requirements of India-based Pay-TV operators; delivering scalable connectivity for IP-based services such as IPTV, IP VoD (video on demand), VoIP (voice over IP), and Internet access over the same coaxial network with MSO cable TV services."
The EN3511/EN3530 solution offers the following key features:
- Reliability – based on the field proven MoCA® (Multimedia over Coax Alliance) 1.1 chipset technology, for which Entropic has already shipped more than 50-million MoCA 1.0/1.1 chipsets;
- Lower Total Systems Cost – achieved through its highly integrated 65nm single-chip SoC and optimized bill of material (BOM);
- Increased Performance – providing more than 270 Mbps of raw data bandwidth and more than 175 Mbps of application throughput – even when shared among 63 clients in a MDU. Based on Entropic Broadband Access testing, the EN3511/EN3530 EoC solution runs 60-percent faster than the previous c.LINK solution (EN3011/EN3230), as it provides more than 175 Mbps of application throughput as compared to approximately 100Mbps throughput in a 64-node network;
- System Scalability – achieved by offering High Radio Frequency (RF) architecture that can scale to multiple channels on a single coaxial cable. By operating above the regular CATV signals, and providing frequency agility between 800 MHz and 1500 MHz, additional NCs can be added to support even more clients on the network; and
- Support for Quality of Service (QoS) Performance Attributes – with high immunity to electrical interference and stringent low latency time-division-multiplexing protocol (TDM).
Entropic's c.LINK Broadband Access solution is available today for the India market. For more information about Entropic's presence at the 22nd Convergence India 2014 Conference, or to schedule a meeting with on-site executives, please visit the event section of Entropic's website.
Entropic™ (Nasdaq:ENTR) is a world leader in semiconductor solutions for the connected home. The Company transforms how traditional HDTV broadcast and IP-based streaming video content is seamlessly, reliably, and securely delivered, processed, and distributed into and throughout the home. Entropic's next-generation Set-top Box (STB) System-on-a-Chip (SoC) and Connectivity solutions enable Pay-TV operators to offer consumers more captivating whole-home entertainment experiences by transforming the way digital entertainment is delivered, connected and consumed – in the home and on the go. For more information, please visit Entropic at: www.entropic.com, read our blog Entropic Topics, or get social with us at @Entropic_News, or on Facebook, Google+, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Entropic logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=4255
Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this press release that are not strictly historical in nature constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding Entropic's c.LINK technology, its related prospects and its role in the future of connected home entertainment. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause Entropic's actual results to be materially different from historical results or from any results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These factors include, but are not limited to, competition, risks associated with Entropic dependence on a limited number of customers and suppliers, technology risks, the risk that the market for HD video and multimedia content delivery solutions may not develop as Entropic anticipates and other factors discussed in the "Risk Factors" section of Entropic's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2013. All forward-looking statements are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. Entropic is providing this information as of the date of this release and does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this release as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright © 2014 Entropic. All rights reserved. All other product or company names mentioned are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.