ANAHEIM, Calif., Jan. 23, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NAMM (Hall A, Booth #6400) -- Avid® (NASDAQ: AVID) today introduced Eleven Rack Editor, providing owners of the Eleven Rack guitar system with a faster, more open workflow for creating and editing high-quality, inspiring guitar tones. The no-cost application makes Eleven Rack software control available for Pro Tools 11 and third-party digital audio workstation solutions.
"As the cost associated with audiences' rising expectations for sound quality continues to grow, artists and musicians need innovative and affordable solutions to deliver higher quality, inspiring music," said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of products and services at Avid. "The release of Eleven Rack Editor fulfills our customers' request for a standalone software editor, and allows artists and music professionals to create high-quality, inspiring guitar tones with greater speed and efficiency."
Eleven Rack Editor provides a powerful solution for creating world-class guitar tones, no matter what DAW users prefer.
- Facilitates Pro Tools 11 upgrade – Eleven Rack Editor replaces the software control window that was built into previous versions of Pro Tools, and makes it available as a standalone application. Eleven Rack owners can now upgrade to Pro Tools 11 and enjoy the powerful features, benefits, and 64-bit performance of the world's most advanced digital audio workstation.
- Intuitive graphical interface – A simple graphical interface displays guitar pedals, amps, and speakers, offering a fast and intuitive way to adjust Eleven Rack settings from a Mac or Windows computer as an alternative to adjusting controls from the front of the Eleven Rack.
- Compatible with any DAW – The Eleven Rack Editor enhances software control for artists and music professionals, allowing them to operate Eleven Rack with any digital audio workstation and get complete control of their sound.
- Eleven Rack presets – Users can download and play thousands of Eleven Rack rig presets of premium guitar sounds from online portals such as http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/.
Eleven Rack Editor is 64-bit only and supports the following operating systems:
- OS X 10.7 and above
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
Availability and Pricing
Eleven Rack Editor will be available worldwide from January 23, 2014. Pricing will be as follows:
- Eleven Rack Editor – free of charge download from avid.com/elevenrackeditor
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+; or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2014 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. All prices are USMSRP for the U.S. and Canada only and are subject to change without notice. Contact your local Avid office or reseller for prices outside the U.S. and Canada. Avid, the Avid logo, EUCON, Interplay, ISIS, Media Composer, Pro Tools and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: PR Contacts Americas/Asia: Red Lorry Yellow Lorry - email@example.com Kim Willsher - 310 569 2603 Tanya Roberts - 424 212 3076
Source:Avid Technology, Inc.