BAGNEUX, France, Jan. 28, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DBV Technologies (Euronext: DBV - ISIN: FR0010417345), creator of Viaskin®, a new paradigm for the treatment of allergies, announced today that five presentations related to its proprietary technology will be presented at the 2014 Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) being held in San Diego, California from February 28 to March 4, 2014. The abstracts will also be published in the February 2014 supplement of the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (JACI).
Pierre-Henri Benhamou, Chairman & CEO of DBV Technologies, said: "DBV is continuously increasing its knowledge of Epicutaneous Immunotherapy (EPITTM). This year at AAAAI, we are proud to be presenting, with the Mount Sinai Hospital team, ground breaking preclinical results demonstrating the effectiveness of Viaskin's mechanism of action. We are starting to characterize key and differentiated cellular mechanisms, as well as epigenetic modulations involved with EPIT that, we believe, will help change and reshape the future of immunotherapy and treatment of Allergies."
Four communications will be presented on DBV' technology and mechanism of action, showing that EPITTM acts as a powerful and long lasting immune-modulating agent, acting on DNA expression by epigenetic modifications.
- "Epicutaneous Immunotherapy Induces Epigenetic Changes In Sensitized Mice" will be presented by Dr. Lucie Mondoulet for an oral presentation during an Oral Abstract Session (Number: 1000, Session Number: 5606, Session Title: New Forms of Immunotherapy on Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 2:30 PM to 2:45 PM).
- "Epicutaneous Immunotherapy-Induced Regulatory T Cells Could Migrate To More Various Sites Of Allergen Exposure Compared To Sublingual Or Subcutaneous Immunotherapy In Mice Sensitized To Peanut" will be presented by Dr. Vincent Dioszeghy during a poster session (Number: 172, Session Number: 2211, Session Title: Oral Immunotherapy at Exhibit Hall B2, Ground Level, San Diego Convention Center on Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 9:45am-10:45am)
- "Long Term Protection Against New Sensitization After Milk-Epit In Mice Sensitized To Milk Is Mediated By Tregs" will be presented by Dr. Lucie Mondoulet during a poster session (Number: 171, Session Number: 2211, Session Title: Oral Immunotherapy at Exhibit Hall B2, Ground Level, San Diego Convention Center on Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 9:45am-10:45am)
- "De Novo Generation Of Gastrointestinal Regulatory T Cells In Response To OIT and EPIT" will be presented by Dr. Cécilia Berin from Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Jaffe Food Allergy Institute, New York, USA during a poster presentation (Number: 170, Session Number: 2211, Session Title: Oral Immunotherapy at Exhibit Hall B2, Ground Level, San Diego Convention Center on Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 9:45am-10:45am)
Pr. Christophe Dupont, principal investigator for the Assistance Publique - Hopitaux de Paris's ('AP-HP') Arachild phase II pilot study using Viaskin Peanut will present:
- "Peanut Epicutaneous Immunotherapy (EPITTM) In Peanut-Allergic Children: 18 Months Treatment In The Arachild Study" will be presented by Pr. Christophe Dupont during a poster session (Number: 357, Session Number: 3207, Session Title: Food Allergy I at Exhibit Hall B2, Ground Level, San Diego Convention Center on Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 9:45am-10:45am). No new data will be disclosed during this session, compared to what has been disclosed to date.
About DBV Technologies
DBV Technologies is opening up a decisive new approach to the treatment of allergy - a major public health issue that is constantly increasing in prevalence. Food allergies represent a true handicap in everyday life for millions of people and thus constitute a major unmet medical need. DBV Technologies has developed a unique, proprietary, worldwide-patented technology for administering an allergen to intact skin and avoiding massive transfer to the blood. The Viaskin® technology combines efficacy and safety as part of a treatment that seeks to improve the patient's tolerability of peanut and thus considerably lower the risk of a systemic, allergic reaction in the event of accidental exposure to the allergen. The company's significant development program has taken this revolutionary method through to the industrial stage in Europe, initially. The product's clinically proven safety of use enables the application of effective desensitization techniques (the efficacy of which is acknowledged worldwide) in the most severe forms of the allergy. DBV Technologies is focusing on food allergies (milk and peanut) for which there are currently no effective treatments. It has developed two products: Viaskin® Peanut and Viaskin® Milk. The clinical development program for Viaskin® Peanut has received Fast Track designation from the US Food and Drug Administration. The company will subsequently develop a Viaskin® patch for young children with house dust mite allergy - a true public health issue because this pathology is one of the main risk factors for childhood asthma. DBV Technologies shares are traded on segment C of Euronext Paris (Ticker: DBV, ISIN code: FR0010417345).
For more information on DBV Technologies, please visit our website: www.dbv-technologies.com
CAUTION: Viaskin® is not approved for sale in the USA.
Forward Looking Statement
The forward-looking statements, objectives and targets contained herein are based on the Company's management strategy, current views and assumptions. Such statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results, performance or events to differ materially from those anticipated herein. Furthermore, the Research and Development process involves several stages each of which involve the substantial risk that the Company may fail to achieve its objectives and be forced to abandon its efforts with regards to a product in which it has invested significant sums. Therefore, the Company cannot be certain that favorable results obtained during pre-clinical trials will be confirmed subsequently during clinical trials, or that the results of clinical trials will be sufficient to demonstrate the safe and effective nature of the product concerned. DBV technologies' business is subject to the risk factors outlined in its registration documents filed with the French Autorité des Marchés Financiers.
| David Schilansky |
Chief Financial Officer
Tel. : +33(0)1 55 42 78 75
email@example.com Alan S. Roemer
U.S. Investor Relations
The Trout Group
Tel. : +1 646 378-2945
firstname.lastname@example.org BMC Communications
Tel. : +1 646-513-3125
DBV to Present Key Scientific Publications at the AAAAI http://hugin.info/156437/R/1757534/594066.pdf