Lake Geneva, Jan. 30, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Recognizing that romance is a year round affair, Lake Geneva helps couples celebrate togetherness with its seasonal natural beauty, array of lodging options, and year-round events, outdoor activities, shopping, dining and entertainment. Whether newly dating, wedding planning or celebrating, honeymooning, celebrating anniversaries, or simply rekindling old flames, Lake Geneva makes a perfect destination for a romantic getaway.
Easily accessible from Chicago and Milwaukee, couples of all ages enjoy quality time to revel in one another's company. "Lake Geneva accommodations fit the tastes and budgets of all couples with luxury resorts and hotels, boutique hotels, and cozy bed & breakfasts," Darien Schaefer, President, Lake Geneva Area Convention & Visitors Bureau and Chamber of Commerce.
From hand-in-hand walks about the Geneva Lake Shore Path, which offers couples views of some of the most beautiful homes and landscaping in the Midwest, to horse-drawn carriage rides, scenic boat tours and signature cruises; antiquing and shopping the quaint downtown filled with one of a kind shops to wine tasting; and pampering with wellness and spa treatments to candlelit dinners with beautiful views, dinner theater and live music; couples show how much they love and care for one another with ease. The area also offers plenty of options for couples seeking more activity and adventure with ice skating and skiing, 3-season golfing, parasailing and jet skiing, zip lining, and hot air balloon rides.
Many couples plan their romantic getaways around events taking place throughout the year. Winter, spring, summer and fall, Lake Geneva's calendar of events includes Winterfest, an outdoor Summer Concert Series, the Annual Lake Geneva Venetian Festival, Annual Oktoberfest, and much more in between.
Consider these tips from the Lake Geneva Area Convention & Visitors Bureau when planning your next romantic getaway.
1. Plan ahead. Consider the best timing for you and your significant other and don't risk disappointment by going without reservations.
2. Review romance packages. Once you've decided which resort, hotel or B&B to stay at, review its romance package. Most offer at least one. Perhaps a bottle of chilled champagne is waiting for you upon arrival to your room, a private dinner for two, or a couple's massage.
3. Try something new. Perhaps a horseback riding lesson or hot air balloon ride to create a new memory.
4. Plan a surprise. A love note or small gift to show how much this special time together means are thoughtful.
5. Awaken all your senses. Let your romantic getaway be a celebration of all the senses. Take in the pleasures of different sights and sounds, new foods, and counterbalance all your activities and events with relaxation.
# # #
About Lake Geneva
Nestled on the northeastern shores of Geneva Lake in southeast Wisconsin, Lake Geneva has been a resort community since just after the Civil War when wealthy Chicago families discovered the site and began building summer homes there. Today, the elegant, often historic estates still ring the lake and can be viewed from the water or by foot via the 21-mile walking path that circles the lake.
Lake Geneva boasts a wealth of dining options and lodging choices with the latter ranging from luxury spa resorts to rustic inns to lovely B&B's. The area also offers pristine nature areas and a wealth of attractions. For information on Lake Geneva, honored as one of the National Trust for Historic Preservation's 2009 Dozen Distinctive Destinations, visit www.lakegenevawi.com or call (800) 345-1020.
A photo accompanying this release is available at:
CONTACT: Julie Baron Lake Geneva Area Convention & Visitors Bureau 847-525-3043 email@example.com
Source:Lake Geneva Area Convention & Visitors Bureau