TOKYO, Feb. 5, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DeNA Co., Ltd. (Tokyo:2432), the global leader in mobile Internet services, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2013. DeNA reported quarterly revenue of 41.7 billion yen (408 million* USD), 20 percent lower than the same quarter last year, and operating profit of 11.4 billion yen (112 million* USD), 42 percent lower than the same quarter of the previous year.
"DeNA is committed to its large-scale game production strategy for both the app and browser markets," said Isao Moriyasu, President and CEO of DeNA. "By establishing improved development processes, we have scaled our ability to deliver numerous high-quality games each quarter. We're seeing encouraging signs from many of our games and new services in the mobile app market, and it remains an exciting opportunity for growth for our company."
|Item|| Q3 |
| Q3 |
| YoY |
| Q2 |
| QoQ |
|Profit before tax||12.7||20.5||-38%||15.2||-16%|
|Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent||7.7||11.7||-35%||8.9||-14%|
Third Quarter FY2013 Business Highlights
- MobaCoin consumption in Japan was 46.1 billion yen (451 million* USD), 9 percent lower than the previous quarter. A similar decline was observed for first-/second- and third-party titles quarter-on-quarter
- 21 new first- and second-party titles (13 app-based and 8 browser-based titles) launched on Mobage Japan from August through today
- Total MobaCoin consumption from DeNA's international business was over 60 million USD
- Mobage West on track to launch 20 new titles worldwide or in limited regions by the end of the fiscal year
- Mobage Greater China released the successful first-party title NBA: My Dream, which appeared on the China App Store top-grossing chart
- DeNA launched multiple new mobile Internet services that span entertainment to education-focused categories including Showroom and Manga Box
Fourth Quarter, FY2013 Guidance
- Revenues are projected to be 41.1 billion yen (402 million* USD)
- Operating profit is projected to be 9.5 billion yen (93 million* USD)
- Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent is projected to be 5.3 billion yen (52 million* USD)
Guidance for Full Year Ending March 31, 2014
|Item|| FY2013 |
| FY2012 |
| YoY |
|Profit for the year attributable to owners of the parent||31.5||45.6||-31%|
DeNA is projecting a year-end dividend payment of 37 yen per share compared with a 50 yen per share dividend last year, targeting a dividend payout ratio of 15 percent, in line with last year's payout ratio.
Earnings presentation slides and consolidated financial statements are available at:
* Dollar values reported were translated at 102.24 Japanese yen per U.S. dollar, which was the Telegraphic Transfer Middle Rate (TTM) per the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ as of February 3, 2014.
DeNA (pronounced "D-N-A") is a global leader of developing and operating mobile services including free-to-play games, the Mobage social games platform, e-commerce and other online offerings. Founded in 1999, DeNA is headquartered in Tokyo with offices and game development studios across the globe. DeNA Co., Ltd. is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (2432). For more information, visit: dena.com
The information and data contained within this press release have been determined based on information available as of February 5, 2014. DeNA disclaims any obligation to update or revise such information and data, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. In addition, any forward-looking statements contained in this press release are based on our opinions and information available as of February 5, 2014, and involve uncertainty. Please be aware that the actual performance data and similar information are subject to influence from diverse factors, and may differ from the forecasts presented herein.