PLANTATION Fla., SEOUL, Korea and TOKYO, Feb. 6, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- TradeStation, a Monex Group company (TSE: 8698), today announced that its award-winning, globally-renowned TradeStation investment and trading platform will soon be widely available to serve Korean active and professional investors and traders in their local securities and futures markets (KRX). In a strategic alliance with Shinhan Investment Corp., one of Korea's leading investment and brokerage firms, Shinhan will have the exclusive right to offer TradeStation to its customers and the entire Korean investor market. Korean investors and traders will now have the ability to use TradeStation to create, back-test, optimize and automate their trading strategies and ideas, limitless charting and report analyses opportunities, and to enjoy advanced market and limit order placement on the KRX equities and futures markets. The Phase I trial of the TradeStation/Shinhan offering is now underway, and the full Phase II offering is expected to be launched this May.
TradeStation and Shinhan Investment Corp. signed formal agreements in November 2013. Under the agreements, TradeStation has licensed to Shinhan Investment Corp. the exclusive right to market, offer and provide to the Korean investor market TradeStation 9.5, the current version of the platform, localized for that market both by translation to Korean language and seamless compatibility with the KRX equities and futures markets and Shinhan's order placement and back-office systems. TradeStation will be the only premium platform offered by Shinhan.
TradeStation, which for many years has been focused primarily on U.S. and certain European markets, is widely considered to be the best online brokerage platform in the world today. In the past year alone, TradeStation:
- was ranked a 'Top Five' online broker in the United States for Overall Customer Experience, as well as best for Equity Trading Tools and 'top five' in six other key categories, in a major annual survey of active investors conducted by Investor's Business Daily (IBD) -- The IBD Best Online Brokers Report containing these rankings was one of the largest of its kind ever conducted, with over 10,000 self-identified active investors rating their experience with 34 online brokerages.
- was rated by Barron's magazine, in its annual ranking of online brokerage firms, Best for Frequent Traders for the Third Consecutive Year, as well as Best Trading Experience and Technology, and awarded Barron's highest star rating for International Traders;
- was again declared 'Best' in Six Major Categories by the readers of Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities magazine, including Best Trading System for Stocks and Futures for the Ninth Consecutive Year -- TradeStation also won Best Institutional Platform and Best Professional Platform for the eleventh year in a row, Best Online Analytical Platform for the tenth year in a row, and Best Real-Time Data for the third year in a row and fourth time overall;
- received the award for Best Platform Technology in the 2013 Online Broker Review conducted by StockBrokers.com;
- was given the Best Global Trading Platform Award 2013 at The MENA 11th Forex Show, Managed Fund & Investment Opportunities 2013 event; and
- was voted "Best Forex Broker" in the second annual Overseas Financial Champion Awards conducted by the leading Chinese financial news website Hexun.com in an online poll of more than 60 million of its monthly readers.
"We believe that our award-winning trading platform technology, now in its 9.5 version, will offer to Korean investors and traders high-value functions and features not previously available to them," said Salomon Sredni, CEO of TradeStation Group. "We believe that Shinhan Investment Corp. is the right partner to deliver TradeStation to the Korean market and look forward to a successful launch and rollout of the offering."
"We are very excited to be able to offer TradeStation to the Korean market," said Dae Suk Kang, CEO of Shinhan Investment Corp. "There is clearly nothing else like it in Korea, and we believe that serious, active and professional online investors and traders in our markets will appreciate the power, leverage and benefits using TradeStation will bring them. We look forward to our next announcement when we are ready to launch the full Phase II offering."
TradeStation Group, Inc., through its principal operating subsidiaries, TradeStation Securities, Inc. and IBFX, Inc. (a/k/a TradeStation Forex), offers the TradeStation analysis and trading platform to the active trader and certain institutional trader markets. The TradeStation platform offers electronic order execution and enables clients to design, test, optimize, monitor and automate their own custom Equities, Options, Futures and Forex trading strategies. TradeStation Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Monex Group, one of the largest online financial services providers in Japan.
TradeStation Securities, Inc. (Member NYSE, FINRA, SIPC, NSCC, DTC, OCC & NFA) is a licensed securities broker-dealer and a registered futures commission merchant (FCM), and also a member of the BATS Y-Exchange, BATS-Z Exchange, BOX Options Exchange, Chicago Board Options Exchange, Chicago Stock Exchange, EDGA Exchange, EDGX Exchange, International Securities Exchange, NASDAQ OMX BX, NASDAQ OMX PHLX, NASDAQ Stock Market, NYSE Arca and NYSE Mkt. Its TradeStation Prime Services division, based in New York, seeks to provide prime brokerage services, including securities lending, to small and mid-sized hedge funds and other firms. IBFX, Inc. (Member NFA) is a Retail Foreign Exchange Dealer (RFED) that provides the company's forex brokerage offering, and IBFX Australia Pty Ltd (ASIC regulated) provides forex brokerage services outside of the United States. The London-based subsidiary, TradeStation Europe Limited (FCA regulated), introduces UK and other European accounts to TradeStation Securities, Inc. and IBFX, Inc. The company's technology subsidiary, TradeStation Technologies, Inc., develops and offers strategy trading software tools and subscription services.
About Shinhan Investment Corp.
Shinhan Investment Corp. is one of Korea's leading Securities Brokerage and Investment Banking houses. As one of Shinhan Financial Group's (NYSE listed) wholly owned subsidiaries alongside Shinhan Bank, Shinhan Card, and Shinhan BNP Paribas Asset Management, the company boasts strong capabilities in in-depth research, domestic and global equities and derivatives products sales, trading, Private Banking, and asset management.
Shinhan Investment Corp. is a licensed securities broker-dealer and member of KRX. For the last 5 years, Shinhan Investment Corp. has received numerous industry awards such as "Best Research House," "Best Mobile and Home Trading System," "Best Investment Banking/Structured Finance Services," and also has been recognized as one of Korea's "Top 100 Best Companies to work for."
With 75 local retail branch offices, 21 Private Wealth Management Centers, and 4 BIB (Branch in Branch) offices, Shinhan Investment Corp. is expanding its Global Business Networks through its 4 Global branch offices in New York, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Vietnam.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Loren Lopez (954) 652-7011 email@example.com
Source:TradeStation Group, Inc.