COLUMBUS, Ohio, Feb. 24, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CoverMyMeds, the industry leader in electronic prior authorization (ePA), launched its new API today, enabling Electronic Health Records (EHRs), stand-alone e-prescribing, and Practice Management Systems to offer a NCPDP standards-compliant electronic prior authorization (ePA) solution to their customers.
CoverMyMeds is the only company that has automated drug prior authorization at large scale, and is now powering many millions of PAs per year across a deeply integrated network of pharmacies, physicians and health plans. Their API harnesses this platform into a single integration that can be completed by most clinical systems in only a few weeks of work. NewCrop, a leading provider of electronic prescribing services, was the first to use the API to enable its more than 160 Electronic Health Records (EHRs).
With one integration, CMM partners will have a solution that:
- Supports the NCPDP ePA standard transaction at the point-of-prescribing.
- Works for all plans, not just those that support ePA.
- Turns PA faxes and phone calls from more than 80 percent of US pharmacies into a task-list in the partner system.
Because ePA will soon become a named HIPAA standard, most EHR systems will need to support ePA eventually. A few may choose to build this themselves or connect through an e-prescribing clearinghouse; however, making this approach work well is a monumental task.
"Our experience over the past five years shows meeting the letter of the ePA standard, and actually making it work well, are two very different things," said CoverMyMeds co-founder Matt Scantland. "The API exists to bridge this gap so that ePA can be a competitive advantage for EHR companies."
CoverMyMeds is offering an acceleration program called 'ePA Now'. This program includes the following:
- A financial incentive program to participating clinical systems that adds an ongoing revenue stream much more significant than can be achieved working alone.
- A dedicated team that travels to the partner and helps complete the integration in four weeks or less.
- Marketing and rollout support to help turn the PA solution into a competitive advantage, and revenue driver.
Developers can get immediate access to the API by visiting api.covermymeds.com. To get started with the ePA Now incentive program, companies should email firstname.lastname@example.org call (866) 452-5017, or visit www.covermymeds.com.
CoverMyMeds is the leader in electronic prior authorization (ePA), and the first step in patient adherence. Prescribers and pharmacies have submitted over 8 million prior authorization requests, and other coverage determinations through our automated system, and we were recently named the 8th fastest growing healthcare company in the country by Inc. 500|5000.
CONTACT: Michael A. Bukach, (614) 653-3142