MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 25, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today at the RSA Conference, Egnyte formally introduced Kris Lahiri as the company's new Chief Security Officer and unveiled his FY14 security roadmap. This roadmap details the company's plans to raise the global standard for secure file sharing in the enterprise and will focus on adding key enhancements and integrations for secure deployment options, data privacy and industry standards. Egnyte's market-leading solution, the most secure and scalable on the market today, has also been awarded the Skyhigh CloudTrust™ rating of Enterprise-Ready, which is given to the select cloud services that fully satisfy the most stringent requirements for data protection, identity verification, service security, business practices and legal protection. The RSA Conference takes place February 24-28, 2014 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
A co-founder of Egnyte, Lahiri has a deep background working with and meeting the needs of enterprise customers. As Egnyte's new CSO, he will drive security advances across Egnyte's cutting-edge infrastructure and will manage cross-functional teams that will implement the top-notch security enhancements and integrations that businesses require.
"Egnyte is the only file-sharing solution built from the ground up to meet the needs of the enterprise," said Egnyte co-founder and CSO Kris Lahiri. "As the market evolves, so do the needs of our customers, and nothing is more vital to a business than the security of its most valuable asset - its business data. With alarming revelations of the NSA program and mass data breaches across a variety of industries, we understand how crucial it is to share our roadmap with our customers so they understand how Egnyte plans to secure their data and meet all of their security needs now and into the future."
According to a recent survey from Enterprise Strategy Group, 97 percent of cloud adopters prefer a hybrid solution. Egnyte is the only provider to enable on-premise, cloud-only and hybrid deployment models that enable businesses to access and store 100 percent of their files in the way best suited to meet their needs.
Late in 2013, Egnyte launched Storage Connect, a solution that allows enterprises to obtain cloud benefits while retaining file storage purely on-premises. In 2014, Egnyte expects to enhance Storage Connectacross multiple dimensions:
- Granular Auditing & DLP Integration: Egnyte will tie in with existing DLP solutions installed on-premises, allowing customers in regulated industries to honor complex policies (i.e. regular expressions, fingerprints, machine learning) on certain data, such as credit card details, social security numbers, or health information, and all files will be scanned to ensure those details aren't shared outside of the company. IT will also be able to audit file activity across both cloud and on-premise files in an integrated fashion.
- Unified Identity Management: In conjunction with RSA, Egnyte is also excited to expand its partnership with OneLogin to simplify identity management under a unified framework, regardless of which deployment model a customer chooses - cloud, on-premises or hybrid.
"We're excited to continue partnering with Egnyte to provide an integration that adds additional security measures for our customers at all data touch points, from logging in to access their business-critical data to sharing and storing it," said Josh Greene, VP of Business Development at OneLogin. "Partnering with Egnyte has provided our customers with a secure enterprise-level option for sharing business files, and we're excited to continue developing additional security measures through our integration."
Egnyte is also adding new security features and integrations at every touch point along the data life-cycle to further expand data security; these features include:
- Endpoint Encryption: This capability will provide customers with extra security if an end-user device is lost or stolen, or if an employee leaves the company. The encrypted files that are downloaded on these devices will only be accessible with a key, and that key can be revoked remotely by IT.
- Antivirus protection: To protect against malware infecting customer data in the cloud, Egnyte's antivirus capability will scan files before they're stored to ensure the data is malware free.
For the next 12 months, Egnyte is focused on enhancing compliance standards for several industries, with an emphasis on:
- SOC2: Egnyte will complete a certification for its internal processes, with a priority on enhanced auditing and controls when developing and building out the Egnyte platform.
- Digital Rights Management (DRM): Enhanced DRM will provide increased file controls for sensitive materials, such as intellectual property or legal forms. IT teams in regulated industries will be able to create a policy on what users can do with different file types.
On Tuesday, February 25, 2014, Egnyte will exhibit in its partner OneLogin's booth (South Hall, booth 1141) at the RSA Conference 2014 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
Kris Lahiri is a co-founder of Egnyte and was VP of Operations before moving into his new role as CSO. Prior to Egnyte, he spent many years in the design and deployment of large-scale infrastructure for Fortune 100 customers of Valdero and KPMG Consulting. Kris has a B.Tech in Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology - Banaras and an M.S. from the University of Cincinnati.
Egnyte powers enterprise file sharing and access for more than 40,000 customers globally. The award-winning platform optimally balances IT's need for security, control, and compliance with users' demands for simple access to highly sensitive documents stored on-premises and low sensitivity documents stored in the cloud. Founded in 2007, Egnyte is a privately held company headquartered in Mountain View, CA. It is backed by venture capital firms Polaris Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Northgate Capital Group, Google Ventures, Floodgate Fund, and strategic partners Seagate Technology, CenturyLink and an unnamed major storage vendor. Please visit www.egnyte.com or call 1-877-7EGNYTE for more information.
CONTACT: US Press & Media Contact: Chimene Stewart, Egnyte Phone: 510-326-3303 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org EMEA Press & Media Contact: Paul Maher, Positive Marketing Phone: 0208 237 1104 Email: email@example.comSource:Egnyte, Inc.