ANAHEIM, Feb. 26, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Award-winning guided vacations leader, Trafalgar, has partnered with VisitBritain to give away an air-inclusive insider trip for two to Britain. Winners will travel beyond the expected on their vacation of choice from 10 perfectly-planned guided vacations to England, Scotland and Wales. Meet a real-life friend of The Beatles for a Fab Four inspired jaunt around Liverpool, visit a distillery for a private whisky tasting in the Scottish Highlands or enjoy an English Cream Tea at Mount Ephraim Stately Home & Gardens. Enter for a chance to win and gain exclusive bonus BritainBucks here.
There is always something new to discover in Britain from its iconic heritage to modern culture, breathtaking countryside and royal pageantry. Having been noted as a must-visit destination of 2014 by the New York Times, Fodor's and Lonely Planet; the popularity of stately homes due to Downton Abbey; the 450th anniversary of the birth of William Shakespeare and Homecoming Scotland; there's no better time than now to plan a visit.
For a truly authentic look at Britain, Trafalgar offers award-winning guided vacations filled with unique Insider Experiences - local experts, special outings and family-hosted meals which offer an immersive cultural travel experience found nowhere else. On the best-selling 10-day Best of Britain, meet a local family who treats guests to a feast in the Great Hall of their 15th century manor house and take a private tour of Edinburgh Castle with a Local Expert; Retrace the steps of Mr. Darcy in the village where Pride and Prejudice was filmed and view local artists' work on display at the Devon Guild of Craftsmen 9-day Best of Devon & Cornwall trip.
For a limited time, travelers can save up to $630 per couple* with Trafalgar's 7.5% Early Payment Discount when booked by March 31, 2014.
Trafalgar's best-selling Britain trips include:
- 11-day Amazing Britain: Visit a Scottish whisky distillery for a tour and tasting in the Highlands and learn about the industrial revolution at the Quarry Bank cotton mill.
- 8-day Best of Scotland: Enjoy a music filled family-hosted dinner at a working farm on the banks of a Loch and visit the Clan Donald Centre to trace back your genealogy.
- 10-day Scenic England: Meet an official Town Crier of Chester for historic cultural insights and overnight in traditional English manor.
- 10-day English Country Gardens: Walk through Hampton Court with a Local Expert recounting recipes from the Royal Tudor kitchen and be inspired by the green fingers of a master-gardener during a visit to the Sheffield Park Gardens.
Trafalgar's perfectly-planned trips include: unique, local Insider Experiences; centrally-located hotels; an expert Travel Director; must-see sightseeing with VIP access and surprise extras; many authentic local meals; and luxury coach transportation with free Wi-Fi on board.
For destination information about Britain, visit: www.visitbritain.com
To book, contact your Travel Agent, call 866-544-4434 or visit www.trafalgar.com.
Trafalgar is the world's leading guided-vacation company, offering over 230 exceptional quality and value itineraries in Europe, Britain, Eastern Mediterranean, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Central and South America, USA and Canada. With 67 years of experience and unrivaled local expertise, Trafalgar's perfectly-planned, hassle-free itineraries each feature a unique collection of exclusive Insider Experiences, taking travelers beyond the expected. Visit www.trafalgar.com for more information.
2007 to 2012: Winner, Best Tour Operator category, Travel Weekly Readers' Choice Awards
2010 to 2013: Winner, Best Tour Operator, Europe, TravelAge West WAVE Awards
2010 to 2013: Winner, Travel Weekly Gold Magellan Awards
- VisitBritain, the national tourism agency, is responsible for inspiring the world to explore Britain and for developing the UK's visitor economy.
- Americans made 2.8 million visits to Britain in 2012 and spent $3.7 billion USD (£2.4 billion). The US remains in the top spot in terms of market value for inbound tourism and is one of the top three most important markets in terms of visitor numbers.
- Visitors traveling to Britain can find out more information from visitbritain.us plus purchase money and time saving local transport, sightseeing, attraction, theatre and tour tickets from visitbritainshop.us
- Follow us on Twitter @VisitBritain, Pinterest (VisitBritain) and Facebook: LoveGreatBritain
*Save up to $630 per couple ($315 per person) is based on Trafalgar's 7.5% Europe Early Payment Discount on new bookings when paid in full by 3/31/14. Savings will vary by itinerary and are not valid on all vacations and/or departure dates. Sample savings is based on Trafalgar's The Britannia itinerary departing 8/5/14. Other conditions apply. CST#2077132-20
A photo accompanying this release is available at:
CONTACT: Jamie Espinosa TRAFALGAR 714-937-4949 firstname.lastname@example.org