ALEXANDRIA, Va., Feb. 27, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The American Society of Consultant Pharmacists is recruiting for the position of Executive Director. The organization of 9,000 individual members and 24 allied corporate members is the international, professional association dedicated to providing leadership, education, advocacy and resources enabling pharmacists to enhance quality of care and quality of life for older individuals through the provision of pharmaceutical care and the promotion of healthy aging. The Executive Director serves as the chief staff officer of the Society, which has an annual budget of $5 million and 24 staff members.
ASCP seeks an individual who:
- Represents the Society and its membership to the public, government agencies, related industries, related associations and societies.
- Serves as a visionary and advocate for the Society, membership, and the practice of pharmacy.
- Seeks partnering opportunities in collaboration with chief elected office, Board of Directors, Society's volunteers groups, and related industries.
- Provides Society leadership in accordance with Society bylaws and policies with integrity, and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Guides the Society's routine and long-term planning processes.
- Maintains continuity and consistency in Society's programs and operations in an environment of changes in elected leadership.
- Facilitates working relationships with other external organizations and agencies.
- Expands the Society's membership, operations, and programs.
Interested persons will need appropriate higher education to meet the needs of the position; management experience, preferably in pharmacy and not-for-profit associations; excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills; demonstrated analytical and financial acumen; understanding and appreciation of computer technology and its application in the business environment; and knowledge of long-term care and consultant pharmacy.
ASCP offers a competitive salary and benefits program. Interested persons are invited to visit www.ascp.com for more information about the organization and to send letter of interest, CV, names of three references and a response to the following candidate questions to: Susan Oswald, HR Representative, email@example.com EOE.
- Why would you like to become the next Executive Director of ASCP?
- What would you identify as the top 2-3 critical factors of success for yourself in this position?
Screening will begin on March 15, 2014. The position will remain open until filled.
CONTACT: Susan Oswald 703-739-1300 x131 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:American Society of Consultant Pharmacists