Vision-Sciences' EndoSheath® Technology Provides Guaranteed Sterility
ORANGEBURG, N.Y., March 4, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Patient Safety Awareness Week, March 2nd – 8th, is dedicated to heightening awareness to a variety of ways that patients can be more involved in their health care. Specifically highlighted is the issue of health care-acquired infection ("HAI") and steps patients can take to help prevent infections from developing.
Vision-Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq:VSCI) supports patient safety awareness by encouraging patients to become more involved by asking questions about their medical treatment. This includes inquiring prior to their endoscopic procedure what precautions the medical facility will take to prevent unintended infections during their procedure.
"We support an educated and empowered consumer, and knowing about the issues and asking the right questions is part of that process," said Lewis C. Pell, Chairman and Co-founder of Vision-Sciences. "The more information a patient has, the more confident the patient can feel undergoing their diagnostically valuable endoscopic procedure."
Patients need to know that many of the reported cases of HAI are caused by inadequately cleaned and tainted endoscopic equipment. As such, meticulous measures need to be taken to ensure the endoscopic procedure is performed with a safe, sterile instrument – reducing the risk of acquiring a health care-acquired infection. Vision-Sciences' EndoSheath® Technology offers a safe, cost-effective solution.
Be An Educated Consumer. Know Your Facts:
1. Conventional flexible endoscopes require a complicated, multi-step and time-consuming disinfection procedure that is susceptible to human error.
2. When a patient has the conversation with their physician concerning their endoscopic procedure, the patient has the right to ask about how the endoscope will be cleaned and prepared for their procedure with questions such as:
- Will the endoscope that will be used be sterilized?
- How will the cleaning process be done to ensure a patient ready device?
- Will the device be cleaned with caustic chemicals?
"Considering the issues with health care-acquired infections, the patient should ask if their physician can assure them that their procedure will be performed with a sterile device or merely disinfected," says Howard Zauberman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Vision-Sciences.
3. The FDA-cleared EndoSheath Technology is the only flexible endoscopic technology with a sterile, single-use barrier which prevents direct contact with the patient and reduces the difficulties of providing a sterile, patient ready device.
4. The EndoSheath Technology is used in the hospital inpatient setting, but its advantages allow it to be offered by more physicians in outpatient facilities, such as offices and clinics.
5. An endoscopic procedure done in an outpatient setting as compared with an inpatient setting is typically more cost effective, while providing enhanced services such as quality outcomes, excellent service, time efficiency, and convenience for the patient.
Vision-Sciences' EndoSheath® Technology is a cost-effective and patented solution for patients, doctors, hospitals, and other medical facilities. In 20 years and with over 5 million procedures performed with EndoSheath Technology, Vision-Sciences has never received a report of patient-to-patient cross-contamination.
Mr. Pell and Mr. Zauberman are available for in-person meetings or phone interviews about this subject. Please contact Mitch Kayden at (845) 709-5607 or email@example.com for more information and to set up an interview.
About Vision-Sciences, Inc.
Vision-Sciences, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures and markets products for flexible endoscopy. The Company's unique product lines feature a streamlined visualization system and proprietary sterile disposable microbial barrier, known as EndoSheath® technology, providing users with efficient and cost effective endoscope turnover while enhancing patient safety. Information about Vision-Sciences' products is available at www.visionsciences.com.
Vision-Sciences owns the trademark Vision Sciences™ and the registered trademarks EndoSheath®, EndoWipe®, Slide-On®, and The Vision System®.