SAN JOSE, Calif., and SINGAPORE, March 5, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avago Technologies (Nasdaq:AVGO), a leading supplier of analog interface components for wireless, wireline, and industrial applications, today announced the availability of a new family of multi-channel retimer IC devices, the AVSP-4412 and AVSP-8801, designed for modern 100GbE systems. Withstanding up to 32 dB of channel loss at 25 Gbps per channel, these devices enable high-density, long-reach 4x25G and 8x25G connections for network backplane interface and VSR connections up to 4x28G for network front port interface.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=23883
The AVSP-4412 is a bidirectional 4-channel retimer IC. The AVSP-8801 is a unidirectional 8-channel retimer IC. Both devices feature built-in test and channel analysis capabilities such as pattern generation, eye capture, and error detection. A user can control the device via MDIO, I2C, or JTAG, and the Avago-provided API facilitates seamless software integration. Furthermore, the AVSP-4412 includes an embedded backchannel allowing for automatic link training such that the Rx and Tx of each channel can be optimized without simulation or system validation to determine the best EQ settings.
- Full-duplex 4-channel retimer from 1 to 28 Gbps (AVSP-4412)
- 8-channel retimer from 1 to 28 Gbps (AVSP-8801)
- Protocol agnostic supporting various interconnect interfaces:
- Long reach backplane interface per CEI-25G-LR
- Chip-to-chip and chip-to-module interfaces per CEI-28G-SR and VSR
- MDIO interface per IEEE 802.3-2012 Clause 45
- KR backchannel per IEEE 802.3 Clause 72
- Long reach performance withstanding up to 32 dB of channel loss at 25 Gbps per channel
- Bit Error Rate (BER) of 10-17
- Programmable Tx/Rx equalization of all SerDes interfaces
- Comprehensive diagnostics software: pattern generator (PRBS and user defined), error detector, eye monitor, temperature sensor, and input/output polarity swapping
- Self-loading of firmware and initialization settings from EEPROM
- Integrated API facilitating seamless software integration
- 1V and 2.5V power supply (0.9V optional)
- 12x12mm package with 1mm pitch (11x11 BGA) for AVSP-4412
- 14x14mm package with 1mm pitch (13x13 BGA) for AVSP-8801
"The AVSP-4412 and AVSP-8801 are part of the Vortex Signal Integrity™ product family leveraging Avago's industry-leading 28nm CMOS SerDes technology with best-in-class power, jitter, crosstalk and reach performance," said Frank Ostojic, vice president and general manager of the ASIC/ASSP Product Division at Avago. "These new products further expand Avago's ASSP product offerings and demonstrate our commitment to addressing signal integrity design challenges for modern 100GbE systems."
"The ASSP products at Avago have leveraged critical talents and expertise from its ASIC group, such as state-of-the-art receiver technology, SerDes channel analysis and KR backchannel optimization," asserted Loring Wirbel, senior analyst at The Linley Group. "This puts Avago at the forefront and ahead of its SerDes competitors in long-reach applications emerging in the backplane and front port application space at 25 and 28 Gbps."
Avago will be showcasing the AVSP-4412 and AVSP-8801 in the Avago booth 3160 at the OFC 2014 exhibition in San Francisco, California from March 11th to 13th.
Avago has begun shipping high volume production quantities of both the AVSP-4412 and the AVSP-8801 and is currently accepting orders for these products. Please contact your local Avago Technologies sales representative for samples and pricing.
Further information on the AVSP-4412 and AVSP-8801 are available online at
About Avago Technologies
Avago Technologies is a leading designer, developer and global supplier of a broad range of analog, mixed signal and optoelectronics components and subsystems with a focus in III-V compound semiconductor design and processing. Backed by an extensive portfolio of intellectual property, Avago products serve three primary target markets: wireless communications, wired infrastructure, and industrial and other. Avago has a global employee presence and heritage of technical innovation dating back 50 years to its Hewlett-Packard roots. For more information, visit Avago's website: www.avagotech.com.
Avago, Avago Technologies, and the A logo are trademarks of Avago Technologies. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Press Contact Corporate Communications firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +1 408 435 4570